I know that this is a really strange request, but I want to know how much "louder" the Hotrail is to late 60s early 70s single coils. I know there's a big volume difference, but I want to know just how big. Does anyone have a video link to something like this? There might not be a video considering how strange the idea is…
Just a teenage girl who loves playing guitar way too much, if that's even possible.

I live for my girlfriend. <3
i dunno about a link but i would say "very big", most likely. there's a pretty big difference between even lower output humbuckers and vintage-output single coils, let alone hot humbuckers.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
That's what I thought. I was wondering if there were any videos from anyone who was crazy enough to actually try that out.
Just a teenage girl who loves playing guitar way too much, if that's even possible.

there might well be if you look up youtube

the big problem is it's also very dependent on the amp and its settings, and also how the person plays, etc. etc.

and it might not come across too well in the video, anyway
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Contact the maker and ask them what kind of singlecoils the Hotrail works best with.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Quote by dannyalcatraz
Contact the maker and ask them what kind of singlecoils the Hotrail works best with.

Well, I wasn't reallt looking for single coils that work with the Hotrail, I was looking mostly at how extreme it would be compared to vintage single coils.

It's a different way to skin the cat.

When you ask them the question, they'll let you know whether it works better with their high, medium or vintage output singlecoils. Then you compare THOSE to the singlecoils you already have.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

way more extreme
Jumping on dat gear sig train.
PRS Hollowbody II / BKP Warpigs
Strandberg OS6T / BKP Aftermath
Strandberg OS7 / Lace Poopsticks
Skervesen Raptor 7FF / BKP Warpigs
Skervesen Raptor 6 NTB / BKP Juggernauts
Hapas Sludge 7 FF / Hapas Leviathan
Anderson Baritom / Motorcity Nuke BKP Sinner Anderson H2+
Warmoth Baritone / BKP Piledriver
Ibanez Rg2120x / BKP Nailbomb

Blackstar ID:Core Beam
AcousticMirror

More than words?