I just bought a fender mim 2006 strat and was considering buying a v6 vintage icon with humbucker , wll it sound as good as my mim strat or dont waste my money? Also do sx strats sound as good as vintage strats? Whats a good cheap strat with a wide fingerboard i can cop? All advice welcome
it's hard to say. it may well sound better, but the tone's not the only thing that affects the price.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
This is totally up to you, which one you think sounds better. I would recommend to you that you go into a music shop and just check them out and go with the one you personally like most soundwise.
The V6 will sound different right off the bat because of the humbuckers if your MIM is packed with singlecoils.  As for the SX... from what I hear they're hit or miss with the majority being trash.

This might also help out a bit: [url="(Invalid video video code)]
Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.