Marshall dsl, eq pedal in back of fx loop or in front input?
'15 Fender Stratocaster w/ Dimarzio p/u
'15 Squire Bullet Stratocaster w/ Dimarzio p/u
Marshall DSL40c
Depends - try both, it really is user preference. If you're doing high gain setting inside the Marshall, in front it won't act as a boost too well, it will be just a small bump, but can tone shape what you send to the preamp. After the preamp (fx loop) it would color and increase volume to say change to a lead sound. 
Nah nothing high gain, my gain on channel two never exceeds 3. And my mids are below 5 most of the time, ive just never used the fx loop, i had a pedal a while ago but ran it from the front, i replaced my speaker a week ago an saw i had them! I dont look back there too much lol. Just want to know that its safe. Its a mxr 10 band eq im really looking to shape the tone not so much looking for a boost ๐Ÿ‘
Marshall DSL40c
I would place it in the effects loop, but if you play a really nice guitar I find that the EQ is not an essential pedal. I find it more useful to shape an effect pedal that has some issues with particular frequencies.
My gear isnt thousands of dollars, im just trying to control the shape of the signal/tone as much as i can. Either way im sure i can benefit from it ๐Ÿ‘
Marshall DSL40c
Quote by VirgoLife87
My gear isnt thousands of dollars, im just trying to control the shape of the signal/tone as much as i can. Either way im sure i can benefit from it ๐Ÿ‘

Neither is my setup. I have the DSL40C and the MXR M108. With my 2008-2009 MIA standard strat, the amp sounds great no need for an EQ. Also I replaced the speaker as it is the weak spot of the amp. I have a G12m 65 creamback and this upgrade it really improved the amp. If your strat is a MIM/MIA with DiMarzio pickups it should sound good, given that you have the right pickups for the job.
Haha similiar! Warmoth tele basswood with a dimarzio, dsl40c with v30, closed the back cab with tubes open to vent, epi trad pro, mxr 10 band the "new" aluminium pedal with bright leds (do not stare directly into the light O_O) the biggest improvement were mogami cables! Waiting for mine to come in the mail, borrowed a friends, but im not expecting the pedal to change drastically, but just enough where i can tweak a bit. But if its versatile as people say id tape it to the amp and have a mesa mark 5 lol
Marshall DSL40c
I gotta update my equipment on the list, i have my fender but since i had my warmoth i havent played anything else, so pleased with it.
Marshall DSL40c
Quote by VirgoLife87
I gotta update my equipment on the list, i have my fender but since i had my warmoth i havent played anything else, so pleased with it.

Happy to hear that. You have quite a setup there.
VirgoLife87

EQ's can be good or bad. it is easy to go too far and make it sound worse.

I can't tell you how times i have heard a good amp sound bad when someone over did it on the EQ.

a little goes a long way.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/