I have a Spider IV 15 from when I just started and thought that modeling amps were the best thing ever XD. I'm currently saving up for a Strat, and was wondering if selling it could get me any usefull amount. Does anyone know about how much it might sell for? I know that someone is going to say something like "just go to your music store and see." I was just wondering if anyone was tricked into getting one and then later sold it and rememberes the price.
Just a teenage girl who loves playing guitar way too much, if that's even possible.

I live for my girlfriend. <3
Cant say, But I'd imagine it might be worth $20 bucks to someone, problem is finding that someone,
the problem here is few beginners buy their "first amp" used. typically people starting out buy new, so selling starter gear used is tough, depending on where you live.

take a look at your local craigslist, kiji, ebay and see what they go for. 50% in top condition is probably the best you can expect, if that.
Quote by I K0nijn I
Not a lot. Maybe half of the new price if you're lucky.

I bought it half price of new to begin with, so that wouldn't be a big deal.
Just a teenage girl who loves playing guitar way too much, if that's even possible.

the amp sold new for $99. if you bought it for $50, try for that. don't be surprised if you can't find $25 for it. good luck with the flip.
Okay, thanks. That could be worth it. Are the speakers in them any good for making a cab? If they make good cabs then I might just find it more worth it to make a 1*8 cab. 

Quote by gregs1020
no.

Good to know. I guess I'll sell it. 

I honestly think you'll have a hard time giving it away.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE

Agreed. The store I go to might be able to buy it from me. 

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE

+1
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
If you're relatively patient, you can ask $50 and get around $35-$40 for it. I'd sell it out right. You'd probably get $20 or maybe less from a store.
find a young guitarist who doesn't have gear and give it to him to help him out.

i have given away a few cheap things, it feels good. i mean, what the fuck is $20 going to do for you?
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
keep it for trips or places where you don't want to take your "good gear". Trashed has a good idea as well (though as i recall you are fairly young and probably not in a position to do so. i've given away both guitars and amps over the years. 
Just keep it.  It isn't worth anything on the market.  You might find a use for it in the future.
Gear: Gibson Les Paul Studio, Gibson SG Special, Fender Stratocaster, Fender Telecaster, Fender Jazzmaster, Gretsch Pro Jet, Carvin C350, Epiphone ES-339 P90, Epiphone ES-335 Pro. Peavey 6505, Sovtek MIG-100, Vox AC30, Peavey XXX.
Quote by monwobobbo
keep it for trips or places where you don't want to take your "good gear". Trashed has a good idea as well (though as i recall you are fairly young and probably not in a position to do so. i've given away both guitars and amps over the years. 

Yeah. I am a young guitarist, and so getting the money together to buy a new guitar can be hard (though I had enough lying around to buy a tube amp, LOL). I really want to get one, though. I still have a beginner 1 humbucker $100 guitar that you buy in a starter pack. 

Quote by gogiregion
Yeah. I am a young guitarist, and so getting the money together to buy a new guitar can be hard (though I had enough lying around to buy a tube amp, LOL). I really want to get one, though. I still have a beginner 1 humbucker $100 guitar that you buy in a starter pack. 

i understand the amp though is probably better to keep as you won't get much for it. 
Quote by monwobobbo
i understand the amp though is probably better to keep as you won't get much for it. 

That sucks. I mean, I guess I have a backup, even if it sounds like the EQ was made for bass. 

Getting money together can be tough, but, don't get yourself into the cycle of buying and selling stuff at a loss.  If your tube amp craps out on you for some odd reason, you at least have something that will make noise and get you by.  Nothing wrong with having a cheap ss or digital modeler in the closet just in case something stupid happens.

If you want to get a new guitar, you'll just have to do it the old fashion way. Sell some non-essentials items (if you have any - like old gaming systems you don't use anymore), dig in between couch cushions, check between and under your car seats, pick up change you find on the ground, find odds and ends jobs that you can do.  Rake leaves, shovel drive-ways, suck dicks, pump gas, flip burgers, or whatever else it takes to get the bucks in your wallet.  

I had a friend back when I was in school who had a big jar that he put loose change into, coins he found on the ground, he collected cans and bottles for recycling, and just kept at it for two years.  When it was all said and done he bought a really nice bass.  Basically from coins, cans, and bottles people tossed away or dropped and didn't bother to pick up.  
Gear: Gibson Les Paul Studio, Gibson SG Special, Fender Stratocaster, Fender Telecaster, Fender Jazzmaster, Gretsch Pro Jet, Carvin C350, Epiphone ES-339 P90, Epiphone ES-335 Pro. Peavey 6505, Sovtek MIG-100, Vox AC30, Peavey XXX.
Quote by ThunderPunk
Getting money together can be tough, but, don't get yourself into the cycle of buying and selling stuff at a loss.  If your tube amp craps out on you for some odd reason, you at least have something that will make noise and get you by.  Nothing wrong with having a cheap ss or digital modeler in the closet just in case something stupid happens.

If you want to get a new guitar, you'll just have to do it the old fashion way. Sell some non-essentials items (if you have any - like old gaming systems you don't use anymore), dig in between couch cushions, check between and under your car seats, pick up change you find on the ground, find odds and ends jobs that you can do.  Rake leaves, shovel drive-ways, suck dicks, pump gas, flip burgers, or whatever else it takes to get the bucks in your wallet.  

I had a friend back when I was in school who had a big jar that he put loose change into, coins he found on the ground, he collected cans and bottles for recycling, and just kept at it for two years.  When it was all said and done he bought a really nice bass.  Basically from coins, cans, and bottles people tossed away or dropped and didn't bother to pick up.  

Dang. That's a good money making system. I mean, I have spare tubes for when that does happen. The first time I thought it happened, I didn't have any spares, and I cried all day. I then realized the next day that it was just bumped.  

gogiregion 

We couldn't walk past vending machines or pay phones (back when those existed) without him checking around them, under them, and in the coin return slots.  
Quote by ThunderPunk
gogiregion

We couldn't walk past vending machines or pay phones (back when those existed) without him checking around them, under them, and in the coin return slots.  

That's great.  

in all the time i've been using tube amps, I've had exactly one power tube blow. and it blew right out of the box.
Jumping on dat gear sig train.
PRS Hollowbody II / BKP Warpigs
Strandberg OS6T / BKP Aftermath
Strandberg OS7 / Lace Poopsticks
Skervesen Raptor 7FF / BKP Warpigs
Skervesen Raptor 6 NTB / BKP Juggernauts
Hapas Sludge 7 FF / Hapas Leviathan
Anderson Baritom / Motorcity Nuke BKP Sinner Anderson H2+
Warmoth Baritone / BKP Piledriver
Ibanez Rg2120x / BKP Nailbomb

Blackstar ID:Core Beam
Quote by AcousticMirror
in all the time i've been using tube amps, I've had exactly one power tube blow. and it blew right out of the box.

And mine is technically a hybrid, so only preamp replacements needed. I've heard that preamp tubes blow way less than power amp tubes.