I love Fender guitars.
But I don't like that Fender makes differences in nut width amongst american special, american std, MIM etc.

I have MIM Strat with 42mm nut. Although all great, when it comes to chords, I prefer my 43mm nut on Epiphone Dot semi-hollow.

Now I made a peace that when it comes to rhythm playing I can use 43mm guitar and use my beloved Fender strat for lead playing.

I know that for my fingers, 1 mm spacing for chords does matter; but for lead playing (Blues-Rock), my Fender(42mm) or Epiphone (43mm) makes no difference, rather I love 9.5" radius of Fender over 12" of Epiphone.

I am looking to buy a used Fender Tele for country stuff.
But it drives me mad that Fender puts high price tag on American special Tele with 43 mm and lower price Fenders are 42mm.
It almost pinches me somehow that fender is somehow insinuating that the real deal is 43mm and 42 mm is for the scraps.

I am hoping that you guys would talk me out of this 43mm obsession or my conspiracy theory of Fender over 43mm vs 42mm price range discrimination.

PS: In UK American fenders are generally costlier compared to USA. MIMs are comparably priced.

Be kind
Sam
For what it's worth, as far as I know 42mm is traditional for Fender, while 43mm is modern. Probably the Mexis have 42mm because they are based on an older style of Strat whereas the American Standard is more frequently updated (case in point - it's now called the American Professional). AVRIs should all be 42mm.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
^ Yeah. I thought the Special was 43mm? But I could be wrong, I haven't tried it.

I'd be a bit wary about trying to get out of the "obsession", as you call it. Being able to play different guitars will help, but at the same time if you just prefer 43mm guitars, enough are available that it's debatable if getting used to 42mm is the best use of your time...

I had that problem too. I have several guitars now that are 42mm, and while I'm a lot better than I used to be (I can play them now ), if push comes to shove and I have the free choice, I still prefer 43mm.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
^ Yeah. I thought the Special was 43mm? But I could be wrong, I haven't tried it.
No idea, but the Fender site agrees with you.

Quote by Dave_Mc
I'd be a bit wary about trying to get out of the "obsession", as you call it. Being able to play different guitars will help, but at the same time if you just prefer 43mm guitars, enough are available that it's debatable if getting used to 42mm is the best use of your time...

I had that problem too. I have several guitars now that are 42mm, and while I'm a lot better than I used to be (I can play them now ), if push comes to shove and I have the free choice, I still prefer 43mm.
Yeah, variety is the spice of life and all that but there's absolutely nothing wrong with sticking to your preferences. I certainly prefer some guitars for some things and others for others
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
Yeah. I guess (and this is the tricky bit, where it's easier said than done ) it's a matter of finding out which things you maybe can get used to fairly easily (which might be worth doing because then you'd have access to more varied kit) and which you'll likely never really get used to (in which case spending time trying to do so is just wasting time and effort that's likely better spent elsewhere). 
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Don't count out guitars because of a spec sheet is what I'd say. I can understand not wanting a trem-system and ruling that out, but I find that any guitar can surprise you regardless of specs. I never would've thought I'd ever like Strats or Teles or Fenders in general because I hadn't played one I really liked. That is until I played my Tele and instantly fell in love with it. On the other hand, I should love PRS guitars if I see the specs, yet I haven't played one I liked up until today. 

In the end, it's usually not one part of a spec that decides wether you like something or not.
^ Yep that's another good point, which sort of expands on what I've said- there are so many guitars these days with different specs and neck profiles that it's probably more accurate to say, "I've never tried a strat I liked" than "I don't like strats."

Again, if you're tried loads and never liked any, it's probably not the best use of your time to continually try tons of strats just in case you find one you like- but if you've only tried a couple, it might be worth it not to give up just yet. Especially if it's a style of guitar that you wished you did like, for whatever reason.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
samirguitar I can't talk you out of it because I have the same problem. I have big hands and I will take the widest necks I can find. I'd love to get a Strat with a 1.75" neck width myself. In point of fact I have been very seriously thinking of getting an Agile LP just because it IS available with a wide neck.
how will you ever play a seven string if you need your 6 to start at 43mm. it's gross just looking at a 43mm fretboard.
Prs se Holcomb is the answer
Just play more and you will probably become less demanding over time.  We go through phases.   I used to really love super narrow, slim, fast necks with low action. Over time I came to appreciate medium necks with medium action.  I have one guitar with a super wide and flat neck and low action.  I play them all and each one inspires me to play a bit differently. Variety is a good thing.
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY
I have the Nashville Tele which originally was .43mm back in 2010 but looks like it has now been changed to .42 so possibly look for a used one.  I love mine and got it because of the .43 nut width.  You'll go insane going back and forth with two different nut widths with two electrics.  It's a major difference.
'I love her, but I love to fish...I'm gonna miss her"