Hi guys,

I'm looking for a new guitar right now and I really want a V shape with a tremolo bridge, but they seem so rare especially in the affordable price range (~$650 is my budget). Can somebody point me in the right direction to where to look?

Some guitars I'm considering:

Aria Pro II XX Deluxe V
Schecter Blackjack SLS V-1
Overdrive me daddy

Guitars:
Epiphone G400 Custom
Yamaha F335
Amp:
Marshall DSL401
Used Jackson King V Pro?

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Should be a few Rhodes types in tat price range used, too.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
Jackson King V
Kramer has a Nite-V FR
ESP-LTD Arrow
Guitars:
Jackson Kelly KE3 - MIJ (Distortion/Jazz)
Jackson DKMGT Dinky (EMG 81/85)
ESP E-II Eclipse Custom (JB/'59)
ESP LTD EC-1001FR (EMG 81/60)
Fender MIM Strat

Amps:
Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster 212
Laney IronHeart IRT-Studio
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey ReValver Amp Sims
TOOOO many T.C. Electronic Pedals. . .
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Rock the rainbow, taste the rainbow!
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

I've heard good things about the new kramer guitars, so the Nite V may be cool. It's also quite cheap so you can afford replacing the pickups if you so desire
Used Jackson King V Pro?

+3.1415
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
dannyalcatraz Damn, they make some good looking stuff. Is the Fernandes BSV any good?
Overdrive me daddy

Guitars:
Epiphone G400 Custom
Yamaha F335
Amp:
Marshall DSL401
lenivy 

As I recall, the BSV is one of the MiJs that doesn't usually isn't seen on this side of the Pacific.

I own a couple of their Korean-made guitars, and they're as good as any Korean guitar I've ever handled.  And the MiJs are usually better.  

Bottom line: I would not have a problem ordering a MiJ Fernandes online.   I have a few Korean and Japanese .Fernandes axes still on my G.A.S. list. 

Definitely worth considering, depending on condition.  Take a good look at the photos & description. I don't see anything major, but I'm no tech. Anyone else want to weigh in?

Shipping from Japan can eat a good deal, so that's not trivial.

Quote by lenivy

Be careful, that's a seller that doesn't own the guitar they have listed.  it's getting common with used guitars from japan.
the actual guitar is at Treasure Guitars.  Here it is listed for much less.  
http://www.digimart.net/cat01/shop3740/DS03295643/
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
gregs1020 Thanks for the info! But how the hell do I buy anything from that website? I don't have any Yen. (Sorry if it's a dumb question - I never bought anything in foreign currency) 

Also, since I have to import that guitar, do you have any idea how much I will have to pay for the import duty in the US (or whatever it's called)?
Overdrive me daddy

Guitars:
Epiphone G400 Custom
Yamaha F335
Amp:
Marshall DSL401
dannyalcatraz The website says it has a "Short scale neck". Idk what that would mean, looks normal to me
Overdrive me daddy

Guitars:
Epiphone G400 Custom
Yamaha F335
Amp:
Marshall DSL401
Fenders are 25.5" scale, so I'd assume Les Paul scale- 24.75"- or maybe as short as 24".

Quote by lenivy
dannyalcatraz The website says it has a "Short scale neck". Idk what that would mean, looks normal to me

That's what SHE said. 
Quote by lenivy
gregs1020 Thanks for the info! But how the hell do I buy anything from that website? I don't have any Yen. (Sorry if it's a dumb question - I never bought anything in foreign currency) 

Also, since I have to import that guitar, do you have any idea how much I will have to pay for the import duty in the US (or whatever it's called)?

there's a few ways to do this. 
1- you can communicate directly with the store by going to their site and sending in an inquiry.  typically they want a bank transfer as opposed to paypal or credit card.  once they receive payment they ship it to you. if that troubles you, see the next option but you will pay less this way than using a proxy service.

2- use a proxy service.  a few i know of are buyee, rinkya, jauce, fromjapan.  i've used jauce and rinkya with nothing but success and i currently use rinkya even though they are slightly higher price than the others.  imo they make up for it in killer service.  you create an account, enter a method of payment - credit card or paypal, then you would place a "store order".  they go buy it and (depending on which one you choose) take pics and send them to you. rinkya will check over a guitar and let me know if there's any problems not described in the ad.  then they ship it to you very well boxed.  when i say well boxed, you've never received a guitar this well packed.  they wrap the frigging strings on the guitar, i'm not kidding.  

what you end up paying using a proxy.
typically theres a flat fee for store orders, like $40-80 depending on which service.
packing fee, usually $20 gets the thing so packed you could drop it from the moon.  
shipping, via postal service "ems" it's around $110 to the US from japan.
duties and taxes in the US upon arrival - i've brought in about 20 guitars from japan since 2009.  i paid duties and taxes on exactly two of them so far and both guitars cost me over $1000.  It's usually about $75 or $80 for a $1000-1200 guitar, when it was assessed.  18 times, i paid nothing.  

with the current CITES II restrictions it's getting more difficult as sellers/exporters need to complete additional paperwork prior to exporting the guitars than they have done in the past, which is another great reason to use a proxy service that looks out for you.  currently this is only an issue if the guitar has a rosewood fretboard.  essentially if the guitar has a rosewood fretboard the seller needs to register and provide documents showing the guitar as being made prior to Jan of 2017 prior to export.  

i don't often post that long, or give up classified information without first losing a fingernail, so i hope you keep all this between us girls.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Last edited by gregs1020 at Mar 8, 2017,
gregs1020 Thank you so much for all the info! I will probably use the proxy service
Overdrive me daddy

Guitars:
Epiphone G400 Custom
Yamaha F335
Amp:
Marshall DSL401