Broke college student. I've been looking for a decent axe that can serve me some versatility. I play pretty much everything. I've been doing some used hunting on craigslist and found a Schecter C-1 classic for 300 and my budget is honestly at 500, when I save up some more I have in mind what axe I want to get but bills and all keep my budget fairly low.

The guitar looks to be in great shape although this is based off pictures and I haven't been able to play it. I've owned a schecter damien FR and it was a nice axe. What really captured me though was honestly just the design. The amber and gold with vine inlays just looked gorgeous. I tend to always go for second opinions so I'm asking here. Thanks guys
I have one and love it though I am a budget gear buyer, it's the most expensive guitar I own. Very good build quality and decent versatility though I'm not a big fan of the pickup switch options only because the two split options are both pickups either in series or parallel no way to have bridge or neck split by itself. That is the only complaint I have with mine but now that I have a strat and tele I don't care.
my c-1 classic has been my favorite guitar out of all that I have owned. It needs some fretwork and is unplayable at the moment but before that happened, it was my go-to for everything.

$300 is a great price as these are $900-$1000 brand new and I'd expect them to normally go for $500+ used. If there are pics of the serial #, the first two digits should indicate the year of manufacture. Take note of that and ask the seller about fret wear. Worn out frets can become a pain in the ass and make a guitar not very fun to try and play.

I hope it's in great shape and you are able to snag it! I love mine to death.

7 String+ ERG Legion!!

LTD Snakebyte
Agile AL-727
ESP Horizon
Warmoth Swirled 7
Schecter C-1 Classic
Frankentele
Laney Ironheart 60w + Avatar Cab

SYLrules88 Thanks man, hopefully it does work well and it has no bad frets. According to the owner it's never been played as it was a gift so besides maybe being dusty I hope it works great. Seems like getting this axe on a budget would help me greatly
I see them for $300-$400 all the time at least the older run. Mine was $400 with a hard case
Heck if he says it's never been played then this sounds like a pretty safe purchase. I think you'll love it!

7 String+ ERG Legion!!

LTD Snakebyte
Agile AL-727
ESP Horizon
Warmoth Swirled 7
Schecter C-1 Classic
Frankentele
Laney Ironheart 60w + Avatar Cab