Anyone from CNY in here?

I'm looking for a place to take an amp and a cab to have custom tolex done.
What's a CNY? The Chinese Yuan Renminbi (Yuan) is the currency of China.
Central New York.  I thought about putting in parenthesis, but I also figured anyone from CNY, knows what it is.
Quote by Xander_X
Central New York.  I thought about putting in parenthesis, but I also figured anyone from CNY, knows what it is.

Hoepfully. I get SoCal, but DTD (Downtown Dubuque) would be my rough equivalent to "Central" New Yawk. 

There are a ton of places to do this in UNY )Upstate New Yawk, particularly around Ithaca (Cornell, etc.). Go stand in the center of Trumansberg and yell, "Anyone do Tolex here?" and watch what crawls out. 

FWIW, you might consider doing something other than Tolex. For example, Acrytech makes Duratex (rubberized textured paint that can be applied with a roller and that looks sorta like Tolex but that won't rip/tear) in a ton of colors, and it's a lot easier to fix if it gets dragged behind a pickup... There's also LineX. I had a pair of 2x12s done in LineX at a local LineX dealer, took them on tour for a couple of years, and they brutalized everything else in the truck but emerged unscathed themselves. Google LineX military applications just for the fun of it.
Last edited by dspellman at Mar 8, 2017,
I really want to do them in SnakeSkin and I think that tolex is really the only way to go to do that.  I'm not too far from Ithaca.  I haven't been there since they closed up Rumble Seat Music and moved it to Nashville.  Only shop I know of that carried high end, top shelf guitars that weren't Fender, Gibson, PRS.  

But FYI Ithaca is not not UNY, it's barely CNY.  Probably on the border of SNY.  UNY is basically anything to the East of the southern border of Lake Ontario.  I live right on the southern shore of the lake (literally), about 30 miles north of Syracuse.  

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Upstate_New_York#/media/File:Map_of_New_York_Economic_Regions.svg
Last edited by Xander_X at Mar 8, 2017,
Quote by Xander_X
I really want to do them in SnakeSkin and I think that tolex is really the only way to go to do that.  I'm not too far from Ithaca.  I haven't been there since they closed up Rumble Seat Music and moved it to Nashville.  Only shop I know of that carried high end, top shelf guitars that weren't Fender, Gibson, PRS.  

I loved Rumble Seat. Came pretty close to swapping a car for a '59 Burst and a Travis Bean prototype.