Hi all,
i have a Schecter Damien Elite with floyd rose, but lately the high E and B strings ping out from the bridge when i'm bending.
i want to put Daddario NYXL strings in, so my question is, can i insert the strings in the block with the ball end still on, will they fit, or do i cut them at B or C?
thanks for helping a noob with a weird question

http://s36.photobucket.com/user/hammyhamster/media/guitar-strings_zpsiq1q990z.png.html?filters=146264177&filters[recent]=1&sort=1&o=0
You cut them at C.  Leaving that extra winding on the string will make it pop out of the bridge.  
Guitars:
Jackson Kelly KE3 - MIJ (Distortion/Jazz)
Jackson DKMGT Dinky (EMG 81/85)
ESP E-II Eclipse Custom (JB/'59)
ESP LTD EC-1001FR (EMG 81/60)
Fender MIM Strat

Amps:
Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster 212
Laney IronHeart IRT-Studio
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey ReValver Amp Sims
TOOOO many T.C. Electronic Pedals. . .
Guitars:
Jackson Kelly KE3 - MIJ (Distortion/Jazz)
Jackson DKMGT Dinky (EMG 81/85)
ESP E-II Eclipse Custom (JB/'59)
ESP LTD EC-1001FR (EMG 81/60)
Fender MIM Strat

Amps:
Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster 212
Laney IronHeart IRT-Studio
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey ReValver Amp Sims
TOOOO many T.C. Electronic Pedals. . .
You want to make sure to cut off all the extra winding off the end of all the strings (your C point) for it is the same diameter the entire length of the strings.  You can see how the wound strings get thicker the closer it gets to the ball, you want to cut that entire section off.  This will make sure the string lock blocks are making full even contact on the entire surface of the string it's clamping. Then you want to make sure there is no debris left in the bridge from the old strings.  

Then you want to make sure the strings are inserted straight, centered and completely bottomed out in the holes.  Then keep holding them in that position while you lock them in.  If they still slip out after that, then you will need to buy new blocks.  Also make sure to never use any kind of lube on the saddles (it is completely unnecessary on FR's) because it will make its way into the string blocks and you will be plagued with slipping strings.    
Last edited by Way Cool JR. at Mar 7, 2017,