I'm looking for a book that can help me learn the method behind lead guitar (scales, arpeggios, improvisation, etc...) while also helping me increase my speed and accuracy. What would ya'll recommend? I'm a self taught guitarist and would rate my skill low intermediate.
You have motherfucking youtube bitch learn
Legato and fluidity in your playing is where it's at

DJENT!!
ಠ_ಠ
Listen to as much new music as possible with lead playing in it. Find a lick or section of a lick or solo that you like, find out how to play, practice it then do the same again with as many different techniques as possible.

That's just a very basic how-to but it gives you a stepping point none-the-less.

Also youtube.

For instance, I'm inspired by Scott Carstairs and his style of fluid, whammy-bar heavy playing, although I've definitely curated my own style over the years.
o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
yes every night of my entire life i go to bed crying because i wasnt born american
Quote by bu11etmagnet
Wanting an organized format, but thanks tho haha

Then take lessons. Maybe not weekly or anything, but a tutor will actually provide feedback to prevent you from reinforcing bad habits you may adopt because they're shortcuts or fudges that sound 'almost' or 'close enough' because that will limit your playing.
Troy Stetina - Speed Mechanics for Lead Guitar.

Great book.

No book substitutes getting proper lessons though.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
Start by learning the melody of the song.  Ornament the melody notes with bends, harmonics, trills, tremolo picking, etc.  Then fill in extra notes in the spaces in between.  Replaced small bits with scale runs or licks or whatever.  Enough to make it interesting but not too much that you are cutting out too much of the melody.  Be aware of the chord progression an be mindful of chord tones since those are always your friend.  Not guitar at all, but check this recording out.  The fiddle leads follow the melody (with some ornamentation) but add in arpeggios (of whatever chord you're on) and scale runs in the gap an long held notes in the melody to fill in space.  

One of the best ways to incorporate sweep picking is to play the corresponding arpeggios.  So if the chord progression is C-G/B-Am-G, you could play a C major arpeggio, then G, then A minor, then G again.  Keep in mind that by using different inversions/shapes of arpeggio patterns you can get better voice leading.  In that particular example, since the bass is doing a C-B-A-G descending thing, you want your arpeggios to move down in terms of voicings, so you can do something like this:

--12-8--------------8-10-7-------------7--8--5---------------5--7--3------------3----

-------8---------8---------8--------8----------5----------5----------3--------3------

---------9-----9-------------7----7---------------5-----5---------------4---4--------

-----------10------------------9---------------------7--------------------5----------

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So you get this very nice voice leading with closely spaced voicings and it really follows the bass notes well.  In fact, the lowest note in each arpeggio matched the bass note.  Pretty convenient, yeah?  You can do the same thing with tapped arpeggios.  

Otherwise just listen to guitarists you like and pay attention to how they phrase licks, particularly the rhythm of the notes.  Blues guitarists like BB King for example are so great because even though they aren't super technical, they have a good sense of phrasing and timing in their lead playing.  Also listen to singers and horn players.  One of the most important things to take away from them is use of negative space -- silence between notes.  When singing or playing a horn you need to pause to breathe.  Guitar players obviously don't need to stop picking to breathe so they love to fill just keep playing notes forever.  Sometimes adding pauses or at least a long held note where the pause would be can do wonders.

Hope that helps.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Gig-Bag-Book-Scales-Guitarists/dp/0825615755

I haven't read this, I just saw it in a guitar store a few weeks ago and can imagine it could be a good resource for brushing up on scales. If you want something structured, I'm not sure what other books you can read, but depending on your level, it would be a good idea to take lessons if you can afford it/have the time. Hell, even if you think you are pretty good, taking lessons can give you a second set of ears and help you fill in gaps in your knowledge. 

In regards to improving your speed, I wouldn't really know a hell of a lot about anything too in depth as it's not really my bag, but if you are learning something new, don't try to play it at full speed straight away, as it would most probably sound sloppy and rushed - instead, take it slow, then build up your speed. A metronome helps for keeping your timing.

theogonia777- The point in taking influence from singers and horn players is good too. When I was taking lessons, my tutor pointed out that when I played solos, I tried to fill every gap and play on every single beat, and it just sounded like a mess. In certain musical styles, pauses and gaps are almost as important as what you actually play.
WHOMP

Think of that next time you are not allowed to laugh.
EpiExplorer

fallujah
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

Sell your soul to the devil to be a great musician.

Play the blues.

Wait for a better musician to come along so you put them in a guitar battle against Steve Vai, so that they may win your soul back for you.
It didn't take long to realise
The safest place was not her arms, but her eyes
Where she can't see you
For her gaze, it blisters;
Grey skin to cinders