So, literally every single potentiometer on my Marshall MG50 (don't laugh) is broken. It's the amp I use at home for practising, and while I only use it as a way of having my POD sound through it, its highly annoying that the potmeters are broken. I can't dial in anything without getting lots of crackles. The master volume pot is completely screwed. It has to stay at the same setting forever, or else I will have no sound whatsoever.

Can I fix this? It's not as if I loved the MG50, but it's my current practice amp and it just needs to work properly.
I do not want to have a signature anymore.
Shoot some deoxit down into all the pot shafts and move them back and forth a million times each. See if that helps.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Shoot some deoxit down into all the pot shafts and move them back and forth a million times each. See if that helps.

So I just rip off the knobs and spray some contact cleaner on them and that's it? I can do this without opening up the amp, right?

Quote by diabolical
The ones that are not physically broken can just use some cleaning, what ^ said. 
The ones that are physically broken - you'll have to replace and solder in place on the board. 

I don't think I have any physically broken pots, but thank you anyway
Quote by RDSElite
So I just rip off the knobs and spray some contact cleaner on them and that's it? I can do this without opening up the amp, right?

Spraying contact cleaner *on* the shafts is not going to do anything. You need to actually get the cleaner in between the shaft and the sleeve that the shaft rotates in.

Some people even make their own little attachment on the end of the straw that fits over the shaft sleeve to make it easier to get the cleaner to where it needs to go.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Of course sorry', I'm a little tired haha

Still, that doesn't sound too difficult at all. I'll have a go at it. I think I need to open up the amp in order to get this done though, but I have worked on amps before, so I guess I could make it work.

Thanks again!
Thanks a bunch! I fixed it today. (Though not with 'deoxit', but with a cheaper brand that I could actually get here). It was ridiculously essy as well and it made me wonder why I didn't do this three years ago hahaha