I'm trying to replace it with a new one. but it's stuck on there pretty good. thanks
begginer geetarest.
They're usually held on with some kind of contact adhesive, and it should be possible to soften it with heat. I've never had to do it for a pickguard, but I would try a clothes iron and a damp cloth applied at the sharp pointy bit at the front of the pickguard, and work backwards. I have done this for dings, and it shouldn't damage the finish or the pickguard. - But don't let the cloth dry out!  
Usually a hair dryer provides enough heat to get pickguards off.  A clothes iron can work too but if you use an iron be careful.  Maximum temp on most irons will be enough to cause your finish to bubble.
Not taking any online orders.
CorduroyEW yes. i will be careful. i'd rather burn myself than the guitar. they should make acoustics with the option of a pick guard. not like they're expensive. 
begginer geetarest.
Quote by Lloyd_rogers
CorduroyEW yes. i will be careful. i'd rather burn myself than the guitar. they should make acoustics with the option of a pick guard. not like they're expensive. 

In truth, a great many Ibanez acoustics ship without pick guards. I have two recent, (within the last 5 years), and not a pick guard in sight.

BTW, if your guitar is a natural finish top, there's going to be a huge color difference where the finish has yellowed outside the guard area.

Moral of the story, you'll likely want to get a pack guard in place ASAP, and perhaps an even very slightly larger one.
Captaincranky i plan to have my own design cut. once i can find the material like a pick guard to cut out from. i will go larger with that. thanks for the good advice. 
but i think all acoustics should come without a pick guard, in my opinion. 
begginer geetarest.