the problem i have is it catches onto the B or high E string at times, thus playing that string kinda, when not wanted.

it also makes my fingertips hard and lumpy, thus not always catching the strings when fretting them. my fingertip might slip off the string a little, but enough.

thanks for any tips on this matter.
begginer geetarest.
not sure there is much to do to help it.  just keep playing through it. if it hurts to much take a break for a day or so. eventually it wont bother you. might take months, might take years. 

maybe a lighter string gauge would help?
Very Orange CARVIN DC 700
PRS SE Custom - crunch lab&PAF pro
Ibanez GRX40 - modified
Peavey Valveking 112 w/ 2x12 cab

Originally Posted by Shirate
The guitar, the only beautiful female that looks better with the top ON haha

Transformice
Quote by Lloyd_rogers
the problem i have is it catches onto the B or high E string at times, thus playing that string kinda, when not wanted.

it also makes my fingertips hard and lumpy, thus not always catching the strings when fretting them. my fingertip might slip off the string a little, but enough.

thanks for any tips on this matter.

I'm unclear what you're asking, are you saying your callus gets caught on the strings? 
Some guitarist use lotions to soften the callus.
Last edited by 33db at Mar 7, 2017,
33db when i switch chords or play a solo, if my fingertips barely touch the B or high E string, it catches on in passing. i'll look into the lotion, even though i hate lotion. thanks
begginer geetarest.
If the callus is coming loose you can file it ( like buff it) smoother.  Then it won't catch.  
Quote by Lloyd_rogers
33db when i switch chords or play a solo, if my fingertips barely touch the B or high E string, it catches on in passing. i'll look into the lotion, even though i hate lotion. thanks

There's a few threads around the net talking about this, some people file them down with an emory board, some people use lotion/oils to keep the callus soft.
If you just have bits sticking out you can snip them off.
Quote by Nadda2
If the callus is coming loose you can file it ( like buff it) smoother.  Then it won't catch.  

okay, i just tried that. seems to work good. i just hope i don't get caught doing that ever. thanks. 
begginer geetarest.
Quote by Lloyd_rogers
okay, i just tried that. seems to work good. i just hope i don't get caught doing that ever. thanks. 

Is that why you hate lotion? And welcome.
Quote by 33db
Is that why you hate lotion? And welcome.

no...well yes. but i don't like the way lotion smells and feels putting it on. some girls will say it's non scented, but it's really not. 
begginer geetarest.