i notice my older guitar magazines did it, even for the bass tab. i don't see the point of stopping it. maybe some players want to learn how to sight read sheet music eventually. matching up the tab with the sheet music seemed like a good way to learn, more fast at least for learning.
begginer geetarest.
Quote by Lloyd_rogers
i notice my older guitar magazines did it, even for the bass tab. i don't see the point of stopping it. maybe some players want to learn how to sight read sheet music eventually. matching up the tab with the sheet music seemed like a good way to learn, more fast at least for learning.
I agree with you about matching the tab with the sheet music, it could also be useful to be able to read the sheet music when occasionally they would print the wrong fret number in the tab!
I haven't bought a guitar mag for a long time now, have they all removed the sheet music, even Guitar World?
NSpen1 guitar world has now taken it out. but they do put the guitar and bass tab together now. which has it's benefits. it's faster to figure out, when i want to add the bass line in with playing guitar, if possible. 
begginer geetarest.
 I'd rather have the sheet music, myself. At least for the bass. It gives me the notes and the octaves, and I choose where to play it on the fingerboard. It can be done with tab, but it has to be deciphered. Like a 5 is the next open string, or a 7 the next string up on the second fret, etc. So if I have to do all that figuring anyway, why not do it with sheet music? It's universal and can be shared with other musicians. When I buy music books I usually choose the piano/guitar/vocal books b/c they have both cleffs. Why buy two books, one for guitar and one for bass, etc?
A combination of the two is perfect, IMO. By this I mean either have both staves, or add the stems to tablature.

I prefer having both staves, so I can simultaneously see the "recommended" fingerings or I can focus on my own interpretation. Poor translation of fingering from sheet music to tab has affected the vast majority of classical guitar tablature I've seen on here and elsewhere.

Getting rid of the sheet music is a mistake IMHO, but I don't want that to imply that I think sheet music is superior.
My God, it's full of stars!
seems pointless to me. but maybe it cost them more money to keep the sheet music now, or saves money not to use it, and only use tab. 
however the publishing rights work and royalties, etc. 
begginer geetarest.