Page 1 of 2
So I've been playing guitar a little over a year now and back in October I decide to start learning solos... I tried the solo from Skillet's Whispers in the dark and everything I played perfectly fine except the sixteenth note triplet lick... Sixteenth note triplets have really killed my ability to play solos! If someone could help me on what they did or point me to a video I'd greatly appreciate it.
Last edited by intheJungle at Mar 7, 2017,
What you really need is a new amp.
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
are you alternate picking? legato? more info, bro
Quote by CaptainCanti
it wouldn't surprise me if UG goes down within the next couple months, along with other privately owned sites

December 14, 2017
Play eighth note triplets...then play them twice as fast?
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Yeah keep going people, drive another newbie away. 

Welcome to the jungle bro. 
I was hoping this was a thread about a single mother who needed help raising sixteen triplets but then you had to go and dash my hopes with your problems.
Quote by SGstriker
If KFC is finger-licking good, then people would probably suck dicks for Popeyes. That's how good it is.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
Last edited by Joshua Garcia at Mar 7, 2017,
Quote by intheJungle
TheChaz Uh... hello? I'm new here. I didn't know what place to post the question.

Not to be a dick but I can see why TheChaz said that.If you actually read before posting you might have seen a section called" Instruments " under that there is a forum called  guitar techniques.  That would be a way better place to ask about guitar techniques

You are in the Pit under the " Hangout " section. This isn't really a place to ask any thing of a serious nature. 
They can't stop us Let 'em try For heavy metal We will die!
Quote by snipelfritz
Play eighth note triplets...then play them twice as fast?

The easiest way to play 16th triplets is to slow down the tempo.  

16th triplets at _200 bpm = super hard
16th triplets at __50 bpm = super easy
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by theogonia777
The easiest way to play 16th triplets is to slow down the tempo.  

16th triplets at _200 bpm = super hard
16th triplets at __50 bpm = super easy

this. You can play anything if you slow it down enough. That's the trick to anything technique wise - slow it down to the point that you can be aware of and focused on every note, every finger, every nuance. Painfully slow. If you practice something faster than you can play where you're hitting bum notes and screwing up the rhythm you're practicing bad notes and bad timing. If you can get it perfect at a slower speed you can speed it up later. Don't remember where I heard it, but it's true - Speed is a byproduct of accuracy.
The4thHorsemen 

You're missing something.  If you want to be the best on your team, play ball with 2nd graders.  If you want to play 16th triplets more easily you play them at a slower tempo.  Haha.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by MH400
Play 32nd notes and then play it at half speed

You got banned for writing this? Harsh! even though you were wrong.
I got banned once. Would do again.
Quote by SGstriker
If KFC is finger-licking good, then people would probably suck dicks for Popeyes. That's how good it is.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
Quote by intheJungle
TheChaz Uh... hello? I'm new here. I didn't know what place to post the question.

you know enough to realise you'd get more eyes on your question in The Pit
Just play them slowly and then increase tempo

There really isn't a secret to it other than maybe finger placement, and even 
A poem.
Quote by yoman297
no girl, movember isnt for you. shave your stache pls

I can out-bore you any day
Quote by intheJungle
Diamond Dave No i didn't... Don't try tell me what I know and don't know.

The Pit is also at the bottom of the forums list too, so you've done well to get here by accident.
Diamond Dave The reason I post here was this reason. I came looking, I didn't see the Guitar technique forum (until a dude up top pointed it out) The closest thing I saw was Musician talk and that didn't really seem like it was designed for this topic, so I posted here. I'm new here, just started using my profile yesterday. Instead of being rude, you could show someone that's new around the place.
Quote by intheJungle
Diamond Dave The reason I post here was this reason. I came looking, I didn't see the Guitar technique forum (until a dude up top pointed it out) The closest thing I saw was Musician talk and that didn't really seem like it was designed for this topic, so I posted here. I'm new here, just started using my profile yesterday. Instead of being rude, you could show someone that's new around the place.

You could be nice if you want help.
Quote by intheJungle

reading the rules before posting is the universal law of the internet.
Quote by Diamond Dave
reading the rules before posting is the universal law of the internet.

Well I've broken that law on ever forum I've ever posted on. Seriously though I"ve never read the rules on any site I've ever been on. 
Quote by MurrcuryFoxx
Well I've broken that law on ever forum I've ever posted on. Seriously though I"ve never read the rules on any site I've ever been on. 

neither do I, but if you're going to get upset about being told you're posting on the wrong board maybe you should.
Diamond Dave I'm not upset about the fact that some told me I posted on the wrong forum, I didn't like the way they handle it. People can do it in a much nicer way. 
Quote by Joshua Garcia
I got banned once. Would do again.

you probably have one of the longest ban records lol
will someone carry me across ten thousand miles under the silence
Quote by intheJungle
Diamond Dave I'm not upset about the fact that some told me I posted on the wrong forum, I didn't like the way they handle it. People can do it in a much nicer way. 

They can do it in a nicer way but chances are it ain't gonna happen on a site like this. You really shouldn't get upset about what things people on the internet say 
Page 1 of 2