I've been treated to a new micro terror along with the matching ppc108 cab, it's my first experience with a head and cab as I've only ever had combos previously and I'm rather confused with what ohms mean. I've done some reading and think I have a basic idea but just wanted to clarify whether running 2x ppc108's (8 ohms) into the micro terror (also 8 ohms) is safe and won't be causing the head or cabs any damage. My understanding is that the 2 8 ohm cabs would cause the head to run at 4ohms which being more resistance than it is designed to run at could cause damage however I see plenty of people doing this (daisy chaining as the mt has only one output) and nobody has mentioned any issues/damage to the head or cab.

If it matters I only play at practise (don't piss off the neighbors) level, the amp will never be pushed hard, no where near.

Please excuse my lack of understanding, I have researched this but I just don't feel like it has 'clicked' just yet.
However you set the cabinets up, the total impedance of the two cabinets must be the same or greater than what the minimum impedance that the amp is designed for.

Wiring two 8 ohm speakers in series will give you a total of 16 ohms.

Wiring two 8 ohm speakers in parallel will give you a total of 4 ohms. This is not good for an amp that can only run at 8 ohms.

An amp that's running 8 ohms going into a cabinet(s) the equivalent of 16 ohms will work fine.

People are able to daisy chain two 8 ohm cabinets from just that amp's single output because doing that means the amp is running the cabinets in series.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Quote by Devil Biscuit
I've been treated to a new micro terror along with the matching ppc108 cab, it's my first experience with a head and cab as I've only ever had combos previously and I'm rather confused with what ohms mean. I've done some reading and think I have a basic idea but just wanted to clarify whether running 2x ppc108's (8 ohms) into the micro terror (also 8 ohms) is safe and won't be causing the head or cabs any damage. My understanding is that the 2 8 ohm cabs would cause the head to run at 4ohms which being more resistance than it is designed to run at could cause damage however I see plenty of people doing this (daisy chaining as the mt has only one output) and nobody has mentioned any issues/damage to the head or cab.

If it matters I only play at practise (don't piss off the neighbors) level, the amp will never be pushed hard, no where near.

Please excuse my lack of understanding, I have researched this but I just don't feel like it has 'clicked' just yet.

Running two 8 ohm cabinets in parallel (daisy chained) will result in a 4 ohm load, which is LESS resistance than it is designed to run with. Usually, lower resistance can cause problems, but higher resistance usually doesn't.