I got my TU-3 on eBay, and had no problems with it until I got on stage for rehearsal. Near the end of the set it just died, so I took it out of the loop(using batteries because I don't have a board). Today I replaced the battery and tried tuning, no problems. Until a few moments ago, I was tuning then it just died. I unplugged then replugged and it worked until I played a note. Bypass still works*, so it isn't the jack; I know to unplug the cables, so it isn't that. I am stumped.

*When it dies, I stomp it again, and it goes into bypass.
Last edited by kurtislecompte at Mar 7, 2017,
Have you tried with a power supply just to rule that out? 
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
It sounds like you have an intermittent connection somewhere.

Check to ensure all your cables are making a solid connection. Does the pedal switch off when you start wiggling all the cables going to and coming from it?
Quote by TheSennaj
And well yes, I'll enjoy the carpal tunnel and tendonitis, because trying to get one is clearly smarter than any word you have spoken thus far.
Quote by ibanezguitars44
Have you tried with a power supply just to rule that out? 

No, but I'll try that later today.
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
It sounds like you have an intermittent connection somewhere.

Check to ensure all your cables are making a solid connection. Does the pedal switch off when you start wiggling all the cables going to and coming from it?

Wiggling the cables does nothing, not even interrupt the signal from the guitar.