Okay, so I've been saving money for quite some time now (few years) and i decided to buy a guitar
Music i listen to: primary Dire Straits/MK, Clapton, Pink Floyd...
I've browsed the internet for a few weeks and i came up with this:

http://www.mitrosmusic.com/proizvod/10887-Squier-By-Fender-Classic-Vibe-Stratocaster-%2760s--Rosewood-Fretboard-Candy-Apple-Red-%2A/

http://www.mitrosmusic.com/proizvod/16311-Fender-MUSTANG-II-V2-230V-EU-DS/

Those are a Squire Classic Vibe 60s Stratocaster CAR and a Fender Mustang II Amp

What do you think about those? Are they any good, since all the reviews I've read so far were quite positive...
Also, would a 20 wat amp instead of 40 be enough for practice at home?
Is there any noticable difference between Mustang I and Mistang II? Because currently i can only find 20 wat mustang I but not 20 wat mustang II.. 1 is also 50% cheaper so thats good...
I'm aiming for those clean MK tones (in the very long run xD), not that much into heavy metal and things like that...
Will that guitar and that amp work well together?
If you have any suggestions, please, do tell
Btw, im a complete noob when it comes to guitars.
I managed to save 600€ and i really can't go over that...
Last edited by AleksaB at Mar 8, 2017,
Like the reviews, quite positive. The guitar is one of the better Squires and the amp is well known as being reasonable for the price. Me, I'd rather have a small tube amp than a modelling one, and not worry too much about getting the accurate sounds for playing covers. A 1W tube amp is big enough to practice at home.
Last edited by PSimonR at Mar 8, 2017,
Vintage Vibe Squier is a great choice for a beginner wanting a strat. as for the Mustang it is also a good choice for what you want. the difference is speaker size and some fx if i'm not mistaken. bigger speaker is better as it will reproduce lower end sounds better. for those amps the wattage isn't as important as a tube amp. you'll be able to play at lower volumes without any major sacrifice in tone. 

buying the best gear you can afford is always the best plan. cheaping out will bite you in the ass if you aren't careful. if near a guitar shop you may be able to find that guitar used and save a bit that way. 
I definitely want the Classic Vibe 60s Strat, and I looked the amps again..
Fender mustang 1 has the same stuff as the mustang 2(i think) while being smaller (20 comapred to 40w) and since im gonna practice in an small apartment,  i think 20W is more than enough...but then again 8" compared to 12" speaker... the M2 probably has a bit fuller and nicer sound...
VOX also seems to have good amps at that price range... 
Would you say that paying extra 70€ for Mustang II is worth it compared to M1?
If you have any bad experiences with it, do tell
Last edited by AleksaB at Mar 8, 2017,
Quote by AleksaB
I definitely want the Classic Vibe 60s Strat, and I looked  the amps  again..
Fender mustang 1 has the same stuff as the mustang 2(i think) while being smaller (20 comapred to 40w) and since im gonna practice in an small apartment,  i think 20W is more than enough...but then again 8" compared to 12" speaker... the M2 probably has a bit fuller and nicer sound...
VOX also seems to have good amps at that price range... 
Would you say that paying extra 70€ for Mustang II is worth it compared to M1?
If you have any bad experiences with it, do tell

get the better amp. volume wise there will be no difference on the low end, the 40 watter will just be able to get a little louder if needed. the 12" speaker will sound much better than the 8".  Mustang will do what you want and is it's strong point as Fender is the king of clean tones. you likely won't nail the tones you mentioned but will get close enough. 
FWIW..I just picked up an Epiphone Les Paul special I with the p90 pick ups, along with the new line 6 spider classic 15 with the fbv short board. I bought the guitar and foot board used, amp new @ $119. I have about $225 into my whole rig, and don't consider it cheaping out, I just found what I knew I wanted/needed and what I could spend. And I'm thrilled with what I have. I was really close to pulling the trigger on the mustang, but I've  had line 6 before and really liked it. I think you have an awesome rig, just be realistic about what you expect to do with it!
Quote by monwobobbo
get the better amp. volume wise there will be no difference on the low end, the 40 watter will just be able to get a little louder if needed. the 12" speaker will sound much better than the 8".  Mustang will do what you want and is it's strong point as Fender is the king of clean tones. you likely won't nail the tones you mentioned but will get close enough. 

Quote by mrdrh99
FWIW..I just picked up an Epiphone Les Paul special I with the p90 pick ups, along with the new line 6 spider classic 15 with the fbv short board. I bought the guitar and foot board used, amp new @ $119. I have about $225 into my whole rig, and don't consider it cheaping out, I just found what I knew I wanted/needed and what I could spend. And I'm thrilled with what I have. I was really close to pulling the trigger on the mustang, but I've  had line 6 before and really liked it. I think you have an awesome rig, just be realistic about what you expect to do with it!

Hey, if i actually manage to get *even remotely close* to those tones in the first year, id be amazed xD
I want a moddeling amp because i want to have a lot of sounds that i can try out and see what works for me..
Tnx   for the advices, I'm  gonna try to get the M2 with 12" speaker...
I   really  like the guitar and i think its more than enough for a beginner and intermediate  player based  on all the reviews I've  read
Last edited by AleksaB at Mar 9, 2017,
Quote by AleksaB
Hey, if i actually manage to get *even remotely  close* to those tones in the first year, id be amazed xD
I want a moddeling amp because i want to have a lot of sounds that i can try out and see what works for me..
Tnx   for the advices, I'm  gonna try to get the M2 with 12" speaker...
I   really  like the guitar and i think its more than enough for a beginner and intermediate  player based  on all the reviews I've  read

i own a fender mustang amp. Make sure you use the FUSE software to set up your own presets. It's a wonderful amp, but the stock presets are crap, all of them drowned in ridiculous amounts of reverb and delay.
Nothing wrong with Squier Classic Vibes BUT personally I'd buy a used Fender Mexican made. Also as an owner of a Mustang III who also owned a Mustang II....I would say there is a big difference in sound from the II to the III. The III sounds much better....I believe it has to do with the better speaker plus the open back design. Also for very clean settings ie: Fender Twin with low gain....you need the extra wattage to get it clean PLUS loud enough. So I guess personally I'd hold out for a used Mustang III. If you have to have new, your way is OK too! Good luck.