Hi there, I am currently looking into 2 Charvels with the same specs excepts the pickups. I'm playing instrument guitar rock and I like to make the guitar scream with harmonics and my floyd rose. Which pickup is better for this the Seymour Duncan TB-6 Distortion or JB TB-4 ?

Thanks!

S
There really is no such thing as the 'better' pickup in this case. Both are great.

I think the SH-6 is more scooped-sounding than the JB. And the JB has better cleans.

This video gives a decent enough comparison if what you might expect from how both sound different.

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
I actually prefer the JB in this particular demo. I think the JB has a stronger low end and a midrange that can cut through a mix a lot better. Which is of particular advantage in leads.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
T00DEEPBLUE The only thing stopping me from 100% choosing the JB is that is doesn't seem to capture natural harmonics that well ... at least it doesn't on my Ibanez 1570 Prestige ... on the other hand I have a Jackson Stealth ex with stock pickups which totally screams those natural harmonics so I can very easily make the guitar scream with my floyd rose. Really don't know what to do
fernandezstev I've never had a problem with the natural harmonic response of the JB. The JB's in my guitars scream when using my 5153.

Natural harmonics are a function of what the strings are doing, not what the pickups are doing.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
T00DEEPBLUE On my Jackson stock pickups, they come out load as hell (Same hands, amp and effects), on my Ibanez 1570 with JB they are low ... same strings too. I'm doing exactly the same on both guitars 
fernandezstev Have you taken the JB out of the Ibanez and put it in the Jackson to confirm that the pickup is really the problem?
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
fernandezstev I've never had a problem with the natural harmonic response of the JB. The JB's in my guitars scream when using my 5153.

Natural harmonics are a function of what the strings are doing, not what the pickups are doing.

The amp can also help/deter the harmonics.  I've seen modded 5150s that allow good harmonics with much more ease than a stock one.

If I had to choose between the two you have, I would definitely go with the JB.  I use both, and don't think harmonics when I think Distortion. 

If you're willing to take other suggestions, I would go with the PATB-2B Parallel Axis Distortion.  OR if you're willing to put the $$ up, the Warren Demartini RTM out of the Custom Shop.  I think either of those would get you closer to the sound you're after.
fernandezstev I've been googlling for the Warren Demartini RTM pickup but it's not something that I can buy on the online stores? I leave in the UK btw. Where can I get information about buying that pickup?
i'd probably prefer the jb. as T00DEEPBLUE says, the extra mids and compression will likely help the pinches really jump out.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
From your description, I'd pick the Distortion over the JB. You also might consider a Dimebucker if harmonics are a huge part of your playing. 
Dave @ Seymour Duncan
Quote by fernandezstev
T00DEEPBLUE The TB-6 seems to have more balls...and a bit more treble

You've just defined "scooped." 
Thanks to all for all your advice!

I've decided to go for the Charvel San Dimas which has the JB and the 59...and no scratch plate and the pickups directly in the body.

I'll try the guitar and it is first and if i'm not happy I'll leave the 59 on the neck, which I know I like,  and swap the JB for either the Warren Demartini RTM or the Dimebucker...or even the Screaming Demon!

Good plan?
Last edited by fernandezstev at Mar 9, 2017,
Quote by fernandezstev
Thanks to all for all your advice!

I've decided to go for the Charvel San Dimas which has the JB and the 59...and no scratch plate and the pickups directly in the body.

I'll try the guitar and it is first and if i'm not happy I'll leave the 59 on the neck, which I know I like,  and swap the JB for either the Warren Demartini RTM or the Dimebucker...or even the Screaming Demon!

Good plan?
It's only a good plan if your amp is up to snuff.

What is your amp?
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R