assuming you don't, or don't like picking up your guitar pick every time it falls on the ground.

i seen the professionals do this by attaching extra picks to their mic stand. but i wonder how they do this exactly.
glue, tape? it's kinda hard to see it.
i don't want these back-up picks eventually falling on their own from the stand, if i go that route.

not a big deal. but the best way to make it the most convenient would be good, without mishaps. thanks
begginer geetarest.
When I was in a band, we bought the Dunlop mic stand pickholders. They're like $6 or so. I placed my mic stand off to the side and then used the boom to put the mic in front of me like Claudio from Coheed does because it allows the picks to be extremely close to my picking hand if I drop one. 
 I keep spare picks on a double-sided roll of gaffer tape along the bottom edge of the guitar. Like this:

You'll notice that he also has some on the microphone boom, but those don't go with you if you walk across the stage.
Last edited by dspellman at Mar 8, 2017,
In the strings behind the nut on the headstock. Doesn't look great but works well.
I don't tend to drop mine very often, but when I do, I just use my fingernails until the end of the song and then I grab one from a box of spares on my pedalboard.
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
I used to use the Dunlop pick holder for the mic stand. I started putting some in the small pocket in my jeans.
I also use the Dunlap pick holder. It's been on every mic stand I owned for at least 20 years. Cheap and effective. It comes in 7 inch pieces. I cut one in half and have one piece on my live stand and the other on my practice stand. You can get 4-5 picks in the little half piece I use. I tried the double stick tape thing like Neal Schon but I found it always leaves a residue that is a pain to clean off. Neal can get his guitar tech to clean it off.
Yes I am guitarded also, nice to meet you.
Last edited by Rickholly74 at Mar 9, 2017,
Another user of the Dunlop pick holder on the mic stand. Works great. 
I usually jam them under the pickguard on my strat so they're right where my picking hand is.  Obviously this doesn't work on guitars that don't have pickguards or the gibson style pickguards.  Also, instead of using the Dunlop pick holder, you can just pick up poster hangers (like this one https://www.amazon.com/Resin-Poster-Hangers-Matte-Black/dp/B0048IFQFE/ref=pd_lpo_201_bs_lp_t_2?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=51FTGTRRPP8JH534J8DZ) at a lot of different stores, they're usually pretty cheap and come with at least 2 per pack, you just have to cut them down to size and use some double sided tape or stick-on magnets or something to attach it to your stand.
dspellman how does gaffer tape work for this? i went to an art store that had it. it was sticky on one side and the other side had a vinyl feel to it that was not sticky. it was a pretty big roll like boxing tape. costs $12. 
begginer geetarest.
I keep some spare picks in a Dunlop Ergo Pickholder. I play with 2.0mm picks and it holds three spare which is more than enough for me during jam sessions. Just stick it nect to one of your guitar's volume/tone knobs and you have easy pick access. 

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/accessories/dunlop-ergo-pickholder
My crap:

Guitars
Jackson RR3T Limited Edition with Seymour Duncan Blackouts (MIJ)
Jackson JS1-X Rhoads
Jackson PDXT with Seymour Duncan Black Winters
Dean Vendetta XM

Amps
Peavey 6505 MH
Carvin 1X12 Cab

Pedals
Boss TU-3 Tuner
Boss NS-2 Noise Gate
Boss DD-7 Delay
Quote by Lloyd_rogers
dspellman how does gaffer tape work for this? i went to an art store that had it. it was sticky on one side and the other side had a vinyl feel to it that was not sticky. it was a pretty big roll like boxing tape. costs $12. 

It's pretty wide (2"?). Take a strip, roll it lengthwise with the sticky side out and you end up with a strip about 3/4" wide that's sticky on all sides. Stick it to your guitar, stick the picks to that. Pretty much every pro has done this a time or two. That's Neal Schon in the photo, above. I think virtually every guitar he plays live has that attached, and he's done that for years. Most have done that with their mike stands as well. It was only AFTER pros did that for years that guitar accessory companies realized that it was a thing, and began making products that did the same thing that they could make money from. 
BTW, a friend of mine puts day-glo sticky dots on both sides of his picks these days. They may drop on the floor, but they're pretty easy to spot when they do. You may not want to bend over and snag them when they fall, but after your set it's a lot easier to find most of them. 
Quote by dspellman
 I keep spare picks on a double-sided roll of gaffer tape along the bottom edge of the guitar. Like this:

You'll notice that he also has some on the microphone boom, but those don't go with you if you walk across the stage.

Neil, is that you?

I used to tuck a couple into my pick guard but these days I just never drop one... ever.  I keep a couple on my amp but never use them.
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY
I jam one under the pickguard of my tele. My acoustic I have one of those spring loaded holders stuck to the side just above the neck. Holds about 5 picks
I like my get 'm get 'm (brand) guitar straps. The metal logo badge near the end of the strap holds an extra pick almost perfectly. Like they designed it that way or something.
Harmony: Stratocaster
Alvarez: F-200
Schecter: Omen 6
Fender: BXR-60
Dean: Metalman Z Bass (Betty)
Egnator: Tweaker 15
Pearl: Maximum
ESP/LTD: EXP-300
Custom: Harley Quinn Bass
Custom: TK-421 Explorer
A steadily growing supply of pedals
Quote by ChasenPipo
In my jeans's back pocket

i know my luck. i'll have to search every pocket twice, because i will forget to keep them in the right pocket. unless i put them all my pockets. 
begginer geetarest.
i got the pick holder. works well for me. unless the pick holder falls. which i doubt. 
begginer geetarest.