Currently suffering from GAS (just for the sake of it, certainly don't NEED anything.....

Looking at a Tokai Superstar 1980 in reasonable condition, although not stock. What is one of these worth (roughly speaking)? Asking price is roughly $300. Worth a punt? I don't have a single coil fitted strat at the moment - it may fill that void

Thanks.
You should probably ask on the tokai registry forum, they know their stuff there.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
same here, never heard of that model.  post pics here and there, someone will chime in with a decent idea of value.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
My mistake - it is indeed a Silverstar (scuffing over the decal - so I wasn't the most observant )

Thanks - will head on to the tokai forum with it Fleabay has them on for around $360 so I guess it is slightly under value by the seller (dimarzio cruiser pup in the bridge so not stock). 
if the body hasn't been routed out and it doesn't need a re-fret, then that's a good deal. assuming everything except the pups is original.

but never buy without asking if they'll take a little less.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Last edited by gregs1020 at Mar 9, 2017,