I purchased the 17 tribute hp, being new I thought the GForce would be helpful. It keeps going out of tune and seems to have a hard time getting in tune. I can either exchange it until I get one that works properly or I can upgrade to the Classic 2017 T for more money. Both have the same pickups but the Classic does not have the HP upgrades, just a case and a better built guitar it seems with zebras. Is it worth paying more for the classic or trying my luck with the exchange?
Lol gforce
Jumping on dat gear sig train.
PRS Hollowbody II / BKP Warpigs
Strandberg OS6T / BKP Aftermath
Strandberg OS7 / Lace Poopsticks
Skervesen Raptor 7FF / BKP Warpigs
Skervesen Raptor 6 NTB / BKP Juggernauts
Hapas Sludge 7 FF / Hapas Leviathan
Anderson Baritom / Motorcity Nuke BKP Sinner Anderson H2+
Warmoth Baritone / BKP Piledriver
Ibanez Rg2120x / BKP Nailbomb

Blackstar ID:Core Beam
GoldJim Can you tell me why? I know you get the case, but that isn't a big deal for me at the moment. Only difference I can see is the look and binding. And the hotter 57 plus. I do like the binding, seems smoother. Any other reasons why?
The resale on the Classic is going to be much closer to your purchase price. The biggest reason that I would get the Classic is the noticeable difference in binding, woods, etc.

The truth is that if you have really want, you can complain to Gibson's tech support and get yourself a free set of replacement tuning pegs. Then install those and you have all of the HP attributes such as hardware, etc AND you don't have to worry about the G-Force. It's really not for everyone. A new set of tuning pegs, even out of pocket is less than the cost of the upgrade. 

I love my Tribute, but, hey, I have the replacement tuners and I can go back with 15 minutes and a jeweler's screwdriver. That was the point I was making in the long winded posts before where everyone was trying to tell me what I should do, even though I didn't ask or care. Anyway, Gibson has been pretty good about giving free replacements if you push them hard enough. They don't need a bunch of negative users out there. Don't let the first guy who says no be it. Keep pushing and get the Grovers and tell them you want locking tuners and you'll be happy to send them the G-Force.

Best of luck! - Jim
Quote by Giants72
I purchased the 17 tribute hp, being new I thought the GForce would be helpful. It keeps going out of tune and seems to have a hard time getting in tune

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1727550

I can either exchange it until I get one that works properly or I can upgrade to the Classic 2017 T for more money. Both have the same pickups but the Classic does not have the HP upgrades, just a case and a better built guitar it seems with zebras. Is it worth paying more for the classic or trying my luck with the exchange?

Dump the G-Farce system altogether if you ask me.

Buy an MIJ Les Paul instead. Plenty of options. Tokai, Burny, Edwards, FGN, Orville etc. They make Les Pauls in the price range of an LP Classic that absolutely smoke Gibsons.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
lol force.

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1727550&page=2

feels like goldjim gets a lolwut too. after all that you replaced your gforce? idjit.
Jumping on dat gear sig train.
PRS Hollowbody II / BKP Warpigs
Strandberg OS6T / BKP Aftermath
Strandberg OS7 / Lace Poopsticks
Skervesen Raptor 7FF / BKP Warpigs
Skervesen Raptor 6 NTB / BKP Juggernauts
Hapas Sludge 7 FF / Hapas Leviathan
Anderson Baritom / Motorcity Nuke BKP Sinner Anderson H2+
Warmoth Baritone / BKP Piledriver
Ibanez Rg2120x / BKP Nailbomb

Blackstar ID:Core Beam
Last edited by AcousticMirror at Mar 11, 2017,