Page 1 of 3
Welcome back, everyone! The new year's had a few months to settle in, so it's time for another UG Acoustic Originals Album!

If you've submitted a track before, you know the drill. If you're new, check below for details.The general idea is that you guys write an original song with the only restriction being it must be acoustically arranged. We're pretty lenient on what is considered acoustic, as described below. Then you submit them here and we throw them together onto an album made by the UG community

Feel free to contact me with any questions. Also, please sticky this thread so you can get updates on how things are going.

The Details
- Submissions can't be covers. Original songs only. Instrumentals are ok.
- Feel free to submit old songs. You don't have to write something new for this.
- One submission per person. This rule is subject to change depending on how many people participate.
- Collabs are cool! If you want to collaborate on a submission with other UGers that's totally fine.
- IMPORTANT: To submit your song, post a link to download your track. Keep in mind that your songs should be in in one of the following file formats: .wav, .aif or .flac. This is so that once the album is finished we can release it on bandcamp. Also, when you post a link to your song, please include your artist name (this will be either your username, your real name, or some sort of other artist name that you want to be credited under) and the name of your song.

What counts as "acoustic"?
- The focus of the song needs to be on an acoustic instrument.
- Electric and acoustic basses are both acceptable.
- VST samples are allowed. Drum samples must be of acoustic drums/percussion.
- Orchestral/bowed instrument samples are allowed but cannot be used as the driving force on the track.
- Keyboards are also allowed to be used to emulate strings/piano.
- Keep to more natural-sounding effects when tracking or mixing (echo, reverb, compression, light chorus or phase, etc).

Deadline
June 3. I will annoy everyone with reminder messages so we don't have stragglers turning songs in on Thanksgiving

Participants*

whywefight
Grey Dynasty
ehbacon
StewieSwan
Horsedick.MPEG
mind-meld
ultimate-slash
whoomit
SirZep
k.lainad
chev311e
Harlot Hero
korinaflyingv
xTURTLENECKx
MeGaDeth2314

*participants who've sent in a song are colored in green

Wanna check out the previous albums? Links below

UG Community Acoustic Albums Bandcamp

planning thread for album 1
release thread for the first album
planning thread for album 2
release thread for the second album
Last edited by Grey Dynasty at Apr 5, 2017,
count me in. i've been doing so much electronic stuff lately with my band that it'd be a nice change of pace to work on an acoustic song
Check out my band Disturbed
I may be in.
Depends if I get round to recording.
And then it depends on what kind of drums end up in the song...
I'm in 

hmu if you wanna collab 
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

What does everyone feel is a reasonable deadline for submissions? I was think the first or second week of May, as that's right around 2 months. We could consider say, June 2, if we wanted to give 3 months though
Quote by Grey Dynasty
What does everyone feel is a reasonable deadline for submissions? I was think the first or second week of May, as that's right around 2 months. We could consider say, June 2, if we wanted to give 3 months though

June
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

let's set it for next week so when it inevitably gets pushed back because of al the 'lulz i forgot' folks it'll be reasonable
Two months left to get submissions in! Is this a way early reminder? Yup, but it's probably necessary, right?
Hopefully I can get my stuff settled in by June

I'm trying to record a parody of Hotel Books
2013 #5 Uger
2012 #7 Uger

Quote by jetfuel495
Jesus, Horsedick, you are my hero

Quote by JayT44
don't worry guys his girlfriend is black, she said it was okay for him to say that.

Stalk Me

Shitty Covers

Original Music

Lastfm
Why does this stuff always slip past me???? I hope I'm not too late to offer my services 
All my hobbies are expensive, pls $$donate to my cause$$
Quote by Grey Dynasty
CaptainCadmium Not late at all! I'll put your name down!

meeee toooooo!
Quote by MeGaDeth2314
please god no

Your songs gonna suck my songs dick
One month away from the deadline, everyone! I will start sending out regular reminders to those who have not submitted their track through PM's. In other words, please actually check your PM's 
Quote by korinaflyingv
going to have to withdraw myself from this

yeah same. i just can't bring myself to care anymore after last year's debacle 
Page 1 of 3