So my band and I need an amp because we'really tired of using a pc program and we need help as we don't have much of a budget, it's for our practices and recording some stuff, we play rock n metal.
Also, can any of you recomend any low budget mics that can record unclean vocals well?
Last edited by grayhunter57 at Mar 10, 2017,
SLO.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
How low is low budget?
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
125 what? Dollars? Pounds? Euros? Giraffes? Sex slaves?
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
$125 isn't much of a budget.  I'd look at a Peavey Vypyr 30W (you want the 12" speaker).  The newer Peavey VIP 2 (again 12" speaker) is another option if you can find it that cheap.  Both used.  
Guitars:
Jackson Kelly KE3 - MIJ (Distortion/Jazz)
Jackson DKMGT Dinky (EMG 81/85)
ESP E-II Eclipse Custom (JB/'59)
ESP LTD EC-1001FR (EMG 81/60)
Fender MIM Strat

Amps:
Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster 212
Laney IronHeart IRT-Studio
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey ReValver Amp Sims
TOOOO many T.C. Electronic Pedals. . .
If you need a gig quality amp and a decent mic you will likely need at least $300-$400.  Time to wash cars, mow lawns, sweep floors to generate some cash so you can buy the tools you need.
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY
grayhunter57 Yeah if your currency is not sex slaves, then a used Peavey Vypyr is probably going to be the most relevant for your needs in terms of the kinds of tones you can get from them, given your budget.

If we were actually talking sex slaves, then the Soldano SLO suggestion might've been viable.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Quote by grayhunter57
Cajundaddy     and I'll save up for one but we need it for Sunday 

Borrow one from someone you know and buy when you are ready.  

All of us at one time or another made a mistake and bought a crap amp that disappointed us, and starting with a too-low budget is a great way to fall in that common trap.  There is an argument that everyone needs to own a real dogshit amp at least once as a learning tool because once you have been there you will never go back.  I do understand this logic but still believe avoiding the dogshit is better.  YMMV 
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY
My local GC just got a SLO traded in.  They're asking $2,000, but it's right by the door and no one ever pays attention to the customers ... sooooo .....  
Quote by grayhunter57
Cajundaddy     and I'll save up for one but we need it for Sunday 

Borrow, rent, steal (and return on Monday). You're not going to buy a reasonable amp for that money that fast. 

Once in a while you can find something, but it's not going to be an everyday thing. 
I have a 1971 Carvin solid state amp that puts out something like 275W into a huge old 2x15 cabinet with a mids horn. I found it at a church rummage sale for under $125 and BARELY fit the cabinet in my old Honda Civic. The cabinet is 48" tall. I actually had to roll the rear windows down in order to get the thing in the back seat without blowing out the windows. 

Given the price,I was amazed that the thing not only worked, but sounds amazing. 
Quote by dspellman
Borrow, rent, steal (and return on Monday). You're not going to buy a reasonable amp for that money that fast. 

Once in a while you can find something, but it's not going to be an everyday thing. 
I have a 1971 Carvin solid state amp that puts out something like 275W into a huge old 2x15 cabinet with a mids horn. I found it at a church rummage sale for under $125 and BARELY fit the cabinet in my old Honda Civic. The cabinet is 48" tall. I actually had to roll the rear windows down in order to get the thing in the back seat without blowing out the windows. 

Given the price,I was amazed that the thing not only worked, but sounds amazing. 

I'm actually pretty impressed with the Randall RG1003h I picked up at GC a couple months ago for $100.  It doesn't get used much at all, but I kinda like having a decent sounding SS amp laying around.
Quote by Xander_X
My local GC just got a SLO traded in.  They're asking $2,000, but it's right by the door and no one ever pays attention to the customers ... sooooo .....  

Easy peasy...
By Sunday huh?  Better check your local Craigslist and GuitarCenter.  From there pawn shops.  Where are you located?  Maybe we can help find something?
Guitars:
Jackson Kelly KE3 - MIJ (Distortion/Jazz)
Jackson DKMGT Dinky (EMG 81/85)
ESP E-II Eclipse Custom (JB/'59)
ESP LTD EC-1001FR (EMG 81/60)
Fender MIM Strat

Amps:
Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster 212
Laney IronHeart IRT-Studio
Peavey Vypyr 30
Peavey ReValver Amp Sims
TOOOO many T.C. Electronic Pedals. . .
Quote by dspellman

Fender Mustang 1 $99 has a ton of effects, and has amp models that are "metaly", or what about a DI box? H&K Red Box 5
Quote by 33db
Fender Mustang 1 $99 has a ton of effects, and has amp models that are "metaly", or what about a DI box? H&K Red Box 5

Ugh ...  GC put me in front of one the other day to test out a pedal ... It was one of the worst sounding amps I've ever heard.
Quote by Xander_X
Ugh ...  GC put me in front of one the other day to test out a pedal ... It was one of the worst sounding amps I've ever heard.

Depends on the voicing you used, they all suck except for the Twin Reverb, but even if you didn't like that one what do you want for $99.
A Boss Katana 100w Amp is the best NEW 325.00 for the money . bar none 
Last edited by bacardi11 at Mar 10, 2017,
u need to save more money bro, but at that price a used peavey vypyr 30.
Ibanez Rg 321mh
Squier Classic Vibe 1970s Precision Bass
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
i would never buy a amp for 125 when i can buy a new boss for 325 how cheap can you get
Last edited by bacardi11 at Mar 10, 2017,
Quote by bacardi11
i would never buy a amp for 125 when i can buy a new boss for 325 how cheap can you get

Because the OP only has $125 to spend. Your comment is not conducive to the OP. 

Side Note: You'd seriously spend $325 on a new SS amp than picking up a decent used tube amp for the same or less?!
when i said how cheap can you get. i meant 325 is cheap for new 125 don't buy much to play at a gig. my brother has the Boss for the money can't go wrong. save 200 more and get something that sound good. brain's tech can't hear a difference with the SS if you have not hear the Boss I have.
Last edited by bacardi11 at Mar 11, 2017,
I would get a used Marshall AVT20/50 or something similar, at least here they go for absolute peanuts used and sound fairly decent, have a speaker emulated line out that you can use for recording. Then save up for something actually good, you also need to know how loud you're gonna be playing. A 20W amp might be more than enough for practicing, but then it might not be. 

Example, to lower the volume for practice my drummer stuffs his bass drum and lays a towel over his snare and so I dont need much volume at all to be heard, the bassist uses a small 20w combo and can be heard fine, but if he didn't do that and hit the drums like an over eager 16 year old i'd need a 50w 2x12 or similar cranked up.  When I was younger we used to do just that and we were practicing at full gig volume with my 5150 half stack, because the drummer was hitting shit into his drums like he was playing for AC/DC at wembley stadium. 

Definitely buy used whatever you do.
Cornford Hellcat
Peavey 5150
1994 Ibanez Jem 7V
thats what i did with my vox ac c2x used 750 shipped then i started my upgrades