What do you guys think about his new, pro-series Jackson model? I like all of the following features and the overall shape and look.

ebony fretboard
maple neck with graphite reinforcement
offset dot inlays
5 way switch
Push/pull tone control
Coil split
Fixed bridge
passive pickups (would switch out with Seymour Duncans)

I'm skeptical of the quality of the basswood body, made in Indonesia, and overall fit and finish. Currently have a LTD MH-350NT that is similar in specs and cost, but I haven't played many Jackson guitars. Thanks for your input.
The Indo-made Pro Series Jacksons seem pretty solidly made so I don't really think you'll have much of a problem in that regard.

I don't think the fact that it has a basswood body is going to make any practical difference other than the weight of the thing. Plenty of Ibanez guitars are basswood-bodied anyway and plenty of guitarists love them.

I find the pickups in it a bit odd, kinda of look like Bareknuckle clones. I wouldn't knock them until you try them though.

If it were me, I'd get another pro series Jackson other than this. Like an SL2T or a DK2T.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
 T00DEEPBLUE Thanks for the info. I'll checkout the models you listed.
Last edited by LQH at Mar 10, 2017,
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
The Indo-made Pro Series Jacksons seem pretty solidly made so I don't really think you'll have much of a problem in that regard.

I don't think the fact that it has a basswood body is going to make any practical difference other than the weight of the thing. Plenty of Ibanez guitars are basswood-bodied anyway and plenty of guitarists love them.

I find the pickups in it a bit odd, kinda of look like Bareknuckle clones. I wouldn't knock them until you try them though.

If it were me, I'd get another pro series Jackson other than this. Like an SL2T or a DK2T.

I would be a little skeptical about indo v. Japan.

basswood is a null point. I have five ibanez prestiges and all are basswood and they sound great. tone woods don't do as nearly as much as people think they do.

I haven't tried those pickups, so nothing to say there.

I have had three MIJ Jacksons and they were very nice (DKMG DKMGT and a DK2). great guitars. I would listen to TBD on the SL2T or DK2T.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
I've played the USA made Jackson Misha Mansoor, and I wasn't blown away. So when I was deciding on a 7 string recently, I went with the Sterling MusicMan JP 15 7, which, to me, was FAR superior. But it is also a completely different guitar.