Went into a local pawn shop and they got a Stratocaster, not Squire, but its made in China. Rosewood fretboard. Does Fender make Strats in China? Worth much? They are asking $79.00. I can probably get it for $60.00. What do yall think?
Quote by Tony Done
The Modern Player series are MIC, but you wouldn't get one at that price.  My favourite electric cost less than that, so the name wouldn't worry me too much.

oops forgot about those. pix would have helped on this a bit. since it's a pawn shop they could have made a mistake so may be worth looking into if by chance it is a Modern Player. 
Quote by Tony Done
monwobobbo

I agree, could be a mistake and well worth a look, though the information superhighway has given all secondhand dealers the chance to be pretty well clued up.. Anyway, at $60, it could be a bargain regardless of what it really is.

i hear you but some of that info takes a little know how to be useful. not all pawn shops have an "expert" to call in . i've bought more than one thing at Guitar Center that they had messed u[p on identifying so it happens even in a place that should know better. 
Quote by monwobobbo
i hear you but some of that info takes a little know how to be useful. not all pawn shops have an "expert" to call in . i've bought more than one thing at Guitar Center that they had messed u[p on identifying so it happens even in a place that should know better. 

+1. GC has done that for me too.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/