I'm still at a fairly beginner level of guitar, but I want to learn how to play guitar like this, what are some resources to learn the picking patterns and chords and such to emulate this?
What are some artist that sound like this?
There aren't tabs available as far as i can find for these songs:

https://music.amazon.com/albums/B06W9JRH4V?trackAsin=B06W9JRM8Q&do=play&ref=dm_ws_dp_sp_bb_phfs_xx_xx

Songs: Birds of Amsterdam; Dead Serious Rick
Both songs are being played in a kind of unusual way. The playing is emulating a very minimalist "primitive" style, but he's using some nice sus2 chords and just barely playing them, so there is a kind of almost subliminal effect going on.

Look into the sus2 chords. These are chords where the 3rd is omitted and the 2 is added, sometimes an octave up as a 9. These chords are neither major nor minor because there is no 3rd, and in fact may be substituted for either major or minor in a song... so if the song has a D or Dm, you can play Dsus2.

Sus2 chords have a mystical etherial sound. The underlined are the 9s

Csus2 [x][3][x][0][3][x] or [x][3][x][0][3][3]  the 9 is D

Dsus2 [x][x][0][2][3][0]  the 9 is E

Esus2 [0][2][4][4][0][0] or [0][2][2][4][5][2]  the 9 is F#/Gb

Fsus2  [x][3][3][0][1][1] or [x][x][3][0][1][1] or [x][x][3][0][1][3]  the 9 is G

Gsus2 [3][x][0][2][3][x] or [3][x][0][2][3][3]  the 9 is A

Asus2 [x][0][2][2][0][0]  the 9 is B

Bsus2 [x][2][4][4][2][2]  the 9 is C#/Db

Figure out a couple of these and replace their major/minor sisters in any of the things you play now - you'll hear how they work.
Quote by reverb66
I'm pretty sure the Bible requires that you play through a tube amp in Texas.
roy.sheram25   To add just a bit to what PlusPaul  has said, suspended chords, (both sus2 & sus4), are very often used when playing "cowboy chords", or what are a bit more technically called "open chords".

The truly "famous" and most prevalent sus4 & sus2 chords are formed off the D open chord, by selectively  moving and lifting fingers on the e-1 string.

So, picture D major open, lifting your finger altogether off the e-1 string gives you "Dsus2". Applying the pinky to the 3rd fret of the e-1 gives you Dsus4.

As Mr.Paul has pointed out, in this circumstance,  the chord you're altering can be either D major or D minor, the chords formed  have the same names 

You probably won't understand this for now, but chords which are  a 4th apart on the scale,(From the tonic or "key name" 1st, to the 4th), give opposite suspensions. In other words "Dsus4", (D, A, & G), can be rightfully  named "Gsus2"as well.

Once you get an understanding of that, you can use the suspended chords to transition smoothly  between the 1 & 4 major chords in any key.

But, work on the D suspensions for now, as you'll hear those almost daily!