I have a Squier right now and would like to upgrade to a nice guitar between the $450 and $700 range. I picked out the three guitars I am most interested in. Any opinions? They are very different. One is an offset, another is a telecaster and the last is a semi-hollow. Which is most worth it?

Fender MIM Telecaster - https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/TeleSTMAWH

PRS SE Zack Myers - https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/SEZMTG3

Fender Duo-Sonic - https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/DuoSonMAWH
I believe you're right. They are very different, so there's no way in hell we can actually give you any worthwhile advice.

Apart from get a new amp.
I think "Buy all three" is the only acceptable solution. 
My take. The offset is a 24 inch scale so that is a bit cramped for me. I would like to be able to do some crazy bends but for a number one guitar I want a longer scale. I've played the PRS before because I thought it would be a great guitar but I was underwhelmed. It is not bad but to me it was uninspiring. The Tele I have one here I am working on for a friend nice guitar I like tele's but I don't like the thick finish on the neck. 

Out of the three I wold get the tele. 
do you want single coils or humbuckers? that'd be the first question I'd ask. then you'd want to figure out which would be most comfortable for you.

imo drop the duo-sonic and just decide between the tele and PRS
[img]http://cdn.gs.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/v.gif[/img]
What do you like most about each?

What do you dislike most about each?

Are you only able to buy new at Sweetwater, or could you buy used somewhere else?

Are you open to similar guitars by other makers?
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Have you tried them? My experience is that the short scale probably won't have the effect you feel it will of being "cramped". A 16th isn't a huge amount, even on the high frets.

I'd take the Tele - they're dependable and generally do everything great, but for you? That's got to be about what kind of sounds you want most, what kind of feel you like best, and so forth.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
dspellman Agreed.  
Together we climb any mountain, rent any video, dial any phone. And not just our phone, other people's phones. Decent phones, God-fearing phones, phones that everybody else gave up on, but we knew better because we were a team!
Quote by Tony Done
What genres and styles and, importantly, what amp?

This. Without knowing what genres you play, how are we to know what's the best option? 
Guitar/Bass:
Schecter: Damien 6/Stilletto Extreme 5, Squier: Bullet HSS*, Washburn RX10*/WG-587, Agile Septor 727
*mods

Amps/FX
Peavey: Vypyr 30/Max 112 (200W), ISP: Decimator

Quote by dannyalcatraz
Understood- I waste money on amps*, too.

justinguitar.com is the answer
I don't like short scales personally, that would eliminate the duo-sonic. but we need more info regardless.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
I play a mixture of rock and blues stuff, so the PRS and Tele were the first things I thought of. I like the F-hole and humbuckers on the PRS but also love the way teles can sound. I liked the look of the duosonic and I have smaller hands, but long arms, so I didn't know how shorter scale would work out.
JAHellraiser I have a Fender amp, but my band runs through a big Peavey speaker or a Marshall. So I need somethings that can play through anything.
I'd go with the Tele also, there are no end of mods for that guitar so if you don't like it that much it is easy enough to make it so you do.
Quote by diajkeene
JAHellraiser I have a Fender amp, but my band runs through a big Peavey speaker or a Marshall. So I need somethings that can play through anything.

what amps? there are great Marshalls, great fender amps, and great peavey amps. HOWEVER they all sell really shitty low end garbage.

can you be more specific?
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
trashedlostfdup 

Just reinforcing that. The reason some of us ask about amps is that this forum gets many questions about better guitars, but the weak link in the chain is often the amp. It helps to think of the "instrument" holistically, it is the bit you hold and the amplification chain. There is no point is having a good guitar and a poor amp, whereas a poor guitar and a good amp might work fine.
Last edited by Tony Done at Mar 14, 2017,
if u insist on those then teles are a safe bet.   imo find a rosewood board.    
duo sonic? the shorter scale is good if u want 10's to remain slinky.  lower resale tho? 
ive heard the f holed ones cant hold the bass as tight so try it out first !  

just remember the same guitar model can sound and feel different so figure out what u HATE in the tone and avoid that 
ps. make sure neck is straight and frets are level    peace
27mMoV31II7.a2
You might dig the G&L Tribute Fallout:
http://www.glguitars.com/instruments/TributeSeries/guitars/fallout/index.asp

Duo-Sonic body style, 25.5" scale, HB & P90. Price: $350-500, depending on color, new/used.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
i just got a MIM tele and i love it except for the bridge pickup, neck is fine, neck and bridge together is fine, but the bridge solo is a bit ice picky to my ears no matter how i EQ.

i was going to get a duo sonic but couldn't find one to play and didn't want to risk it.
VHT Special 6 ultra
TC HOF Reverb
Line 6 DL4
EHX OD Glove
Fender standard Tele
Ibanez Rga121
Taylor GA 214E