For example, James Hetfield worked with EMG to make actives that sound a bit like passives.

For me, I would probably would work with Zexcoil (the company that makes those hum canceling singles, that have the tone of noisy singles) to make hum canceling P-90s that sound like P-90s, and fit into a strat.
Just a teenage girl who loves playing guitar way too much, if that's even possible.

I live for my girlfriend. <3
I have no idea, Seymour Duncan, Dimarzio, Bareknuckle it's all good. I guess I would go with Bareknuckle and have them send me a couple of experiment humbuckers for my Ibanez Jem, and a mix of vintage to modern voiced single coils for my Strat.  Problem is I can't tell what I want until I've tried it in the specific guitar, pickups sound different in different guitars.

I'm trying to get that early Eddie Van Halen sound lately, and also the Gary Moore sound, or at least something that gives me the vibe I feel from their sounds. There are a lot of elements to those sounds, pickups definitely very important in nailing the arcitulation/dynamics on the front end though.
Cornford Hellcat
Peavey 5150
1994 Ibanez Jem 7V
but there are already noise canceling p90s that fit into a strat. strats are mostly swimming pool routed these days. you can put anything yo want in there.

I'd get bare knuckle to wind me a hotter war pig with some rare earth magnets. 
Jumping on dat gear sig train.
PRS Hollowbody II / BKP Warpigs
Strandberg OS6T / BKP Aftermath
Strandberg OS7 / Lace Poopsticks
Skervesen Raptor 7FF / BKP Warpigs
Skervesen Raptor 6 NTB / BKP Juggernauts
Hapas Sludge 7 FF / Hapas Leviathan
Anderson Baritom / Motorcity Nuke BKP Sinner Anderson H2+
Warmoth Baritone / BKP Piledriver
Ibanez Rg2120x / BKP Nailbomb

Blackstar ID:Core Beam
Quote by AcousticMirror
but there are already noise canceling p90s that fit into a strat. strats are mostly swimming pool routed these days. you can put anything yo want in there.

1. I've been told that the hum canceling P-90s don't sound like P-90s. If you know of them, could you send me a link. 
2. Not all strats are. 

If you could give me a link for something that works like that, I would love it. 
Just a teenage girl who loves playing guitar way too much, if that's even possible.

I don't think the pickups would have wire or magnets. 
There are some new pickups that use lasers/light to detect vibration. Probably something like that. 
i mean they aren't really that noisy. I use bareknuckle pig90s for all my p90 guitars...but if you definitely need them to be super quite

you can use a dummy coil system that lets you use whatever single coils you want without noise

http://www.ilitchelectronics.com/strat-bpncs-3/

or you can use noise canceling singles which won't sound quite like a true single but it will be closer then a humbucker

I use anderson for all my noise canceling singles.

https://www.andersonguitarworks.com/pq-series these are the best

Quote by AcousticMirror
i mean they aren't really that noisy. I use bareknuckle pig90s for all my p90 guitars...but if you definitely need them to be super quite

you can use a dummy coil system that lets you use whatever single coils you want without noise

http://www.ilitchelectronics.com/strat-bpncs-3/

or you can use noise canceling singles which won't sound quite like a true single but it will be closer then a humbucker

I use anderson for all my noise canceling singles.

https://www.andersonguitarworks.com/pq-series these are the best

I personally think Zexcoil has the best hum canceling singles, but that's just me. 

Anyways, I guess I've never played shielded P-90s before, so that might be it. What are the best strat P-90s?

Except a zexcoil sounds like a zexcoil and they don't djent so I dunno. 

I don't no think you've done enough research. What is a strat p90. A strat is routed for whatever fits in the pickguard. A p90 is a single coil with a particular magnet and casing shape. A stray single coil is a strat single

(Invalid img)

A p90 is a p90

Last edited by AcousticMirror at Mar 12, 2017,
Quote by AcousticMirror
Except a zexcoil sounds like a zexcoil and they don't djent so I dunno. 

I don't no think you've done enough research. What is a strat p90. A strat is routed for whatever fits in the pickguard. A p90 is a single coil with a particular magnet and casing shape. A stray single coil is a strat single

(Invalid img)

A p90 is a p90

With compression it probably can Djent. You can chug on regular single coils if you use a compressor. Although I don't play Djent, so I don't really care if they can do it. 

By strat P-90s I mean strat pickup sized P-90s. Ones that would fit in a strat without routing or a pick guard change. 

gogiregion 

Well, Railhammer does noiseless HB-sized P90s they currently call "humcutters".

Lace Alumitones are noiseless, regardless of size. Last I checked, they did make one that is P90 voiced & shaped.

Rio Grande does singlecoil-sized P90s, but I have no clue as to whether they are noiseless or not. I don't know if any of their P90s are. They are a custom winder, though, so if they know how to make noiseless P90s, a singlecoil-sized one might be an option.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Quote by AcousticMirror
I'd get bare knuckle to wind me a hotter war pig with some rare earth magnets. 

To get a Mesa Boogie sound out of a Fender, right?