So, I have a Fender Twin Reverb amplifier. If you know the type of amp it has Vibrato and Reverb settings, and there's no gain control.

For pedal setup I honestly just use a fuzz face and a cry baby wah. I'm trying to get really crazy Hendrix/Frusciante type feedback sounds, and I'm having a hard time getting it with this amp. Even with turning the volume up past 5 or 6 (which, if you know this amp, is ridiculously loud), I can't get the crazy sounds I'm looking for and I can't hold the feedback for very long.

Advice? Maybe I just can't get those type of sounds on this amp? I understand both Hendrix and Frusciante use Marshalls, so if that's the case just confirm that for me.

Thanks!
I have Fernandes Sustainers on several guitars now. Doesn't matter what the amp is, or if there's even an amp attached -- you get the same kind of feedback as if you were standing in just the right spot in front of a cranked amp. 

Meanwhile, get your amp up on a stand so that it's closer to you and your guitar. 
Stick it on an angled amp stand so the amp is pointing at the strings. It's plenty loud enough to do the deed.
And buy a boost pedal of some type.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Crank the amp, crank the fuzz, stick the guitar right up to the grill cloth. Use the bridge pickup
Originally posted by primusfan
When you crank up the gain to 10 and switch to the lead channel, it actually sounds like you are unjustifiably bombing an innocent foreign land.

╠═══════╬═══════╣
τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ
╠═══════╬═══════╣
It can be done, but in my experience, it involves cranking the Twin to ear-shattering volume levels.  Ted Nugent made a career out of doing it back in the 1970s, but he used a hollow-bodied Gibson Byrdland guitar and it came at the price of significant hearing loss in one of his ears.  I'd second the recommendation of the DigiTech FreqOut pedal.  It will work, but it ain't cheap at US$179.99.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
iJoNeS xD Any amp can generate feedback - it's just a question of having the right amount of saturation and volume. It depends on the room as well. You may want to try a different fuzz pedal ( something with more gain - see Pharaoh Fuzz - my favorite)  or run an overdrive pedal  into your fuzz ( that can get crazy very quickly!).  Point your guitar towards the amp - also the pickup selection can affect it, as mentioned above. 
Yeah, the Twin really isn't keen on feeding back for whatever reason - I suspect it may relate to the lack of mids in the amp's character; I would try cranking those (a boost would help) along with plenty of gain to help it out. That said, volume is always necessary if you want feedback from the amp (the Fernandes Sustainer is the only other way I know of to get "real" feedback).

The wah can help, if you rock it to a harmonic of the note you can sometimes get that harmonic to ring out nicely.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Youre officially uber shit now.

Quote by StewieSwan
3d9310rd is far more upset than i 

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
Get enough gain into the front of that amp and it will squeal like a pig on demand.  A TS909 or equivalent will work.  SRV managed just fine with Fender Super Reverb and Vibroverb amps. Twins are loud tho... too damn loud for me these days. I prefer to get my squeal-on with 15-30w combos these days.
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY
Last edited by Cajundaddy at Mar 13, 2017,
Quote by nico_9550
Get a digitech freqout, its a pedal that generates feedback

those look so cool. wow.

I just see it being fun for a while and something that the novelty would wear off and it would be sitting in one of my pedal drawers.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by trashedlostfdup
those look so cool. wow.

I just see it being fun for a while and something that the novelty would wear off and it would be sitting in one of my pedal drawers.

I see why you't think that but I think it would be a really good tool to have, it can replace ebows and sustainers in a way
Quote by nico_9550
I see why you't think that but I think it would be a really good tool to have, it can replace ebows and sustainers in a way
Sustainers and EBows work by agitating the string - they make "real" feedback via the guitar. The FreqOut doesn't; as far as I can tell it produces the "feedback" tone in the pedal. That's not to say it's bad, but it's basically doing a whole different thing to what Sustainers and EBows do. If you watch this demo you can see a couple times early on it seems to get confused and you get a sort of awkward stutter too:
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Quote by StewieSwan

Quote by Bladez22
I'm a moron tho apparently and everyone should listen to you oh wise pretentious one
Quote by K33nbl4d3
Sustainers and EBows work by agitating the string - they make "real" feedback via the guitar. The FreqOut doesn't; as far as I can tell it produces the "feedback" tone in the pedal. That's not to say it's bad, but it's basically doing a whole different thing to what Sustainers and EBows do. If you watch this demo you can see a couple times early on it seems to get confused and you get a sort of awkward stutter too:

Yeah they work differently, the freqout is probably some kind of synthesis thing, but what I meant was that it can can generate a similar effect 
Quote by nico_9550
Yeah they work differently, the freqout is probably some kind of synthesis thing, but what I meant was that it can can generate a similar effect 
Yeah, looking back I think misunderstood what you meant by "replace".
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Quote by StewieSwan

Quote by Bladez22