I want to create that feedback like stage noise that bands do in between songs, like I was watching Brand New's rig rundown and the guitarist would just turn on all his pedals at once. What's a good and cost effective way of doing this? What I do typically is turn the feedback all the way up on a dd3 and let it naturally feedback on a dirty channel, but sometimes it can just sound like crap. I was looking into seeing if there's a pedal designed for this but typically what turns up is noise gates. Anyone do this type of thing and what's the technique you use? Any suggestions for pedals, looking to spend around 200 hopefully, used more than likely if I can find it
You need your amp loud, first of all, to get natural feedback. If you can't have it loud, check out the Digitech FreqOut. If you are just talking about actual noise, there are not many ways to do it other than having a bunch of pedals on at once. You may could get similar results with a multi-effects pedal, rather than having to buy 12 physical pedals.
Do what Gary Moore did, find the spot on stage during sound check where you get the most feedback and stick some tape down as a marker.
Cornford Hellcat
Peavey 5150
1994 Ibanez Jem 7V
I noticed this at a concert the other night. Wasn't anything the band did. The guy on the sound console had a flash drive plugged into a USB port on the mixing console that ran a sound file in stereo, so that it sounded like different amps on the stage were having conniptions. He just punched it in and out now and then between songs. He said he did it because he was sick and tired of singers who announced "This next song..." and other drivel.
Last edited by dspellman at Mar 13, 2017,
the digitech frEQout looks awesome. but as i just said in another thread, i think it would be cool for a while, then get bored with it and ending up in a pedal drawer.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
on another thought though, just get a noisy dirt box with all the controls maxed and just use it for that time and not when playing. maybe something like a metal zone. $30ish used.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
I actually played a guitar at NAMM this year that had a momentary switch that activated an embedded microphone in the neck, providing squealing feedback. It was pretty wild. 
Dave @ Seymour Duncan
If you're amp is at a show and you have a dirt pedal on with your guitar volume maxed and pointing at the amp - noise will happen. If you want more noise, cascade dirt pedals or fuzz pedals. Eliminating noise is normally the issue, creating it is easy!
Quote by Mincer
I actually played a guitar at NAMM this year that had a momentary switch that activated an embedded microphone in the neck, providing squealing feedback. It was pretty wild. 

Which reminds me -- I saw a couple of guitars there that had pickups in the fretboard, ala the NanoMag that one of the Epiphone LPs sports. Is SD working on anything like that? 
I believe you could use a delay pedal to help out with that as well if you turn up the repeats
Quote by dspellman
Which reminds me -- I saw a couple of guitars there that had pickups in the fretboard, ala the NanoMag that one of the Epiphone LPs sports. Is SD working on anything like that? 

As far as I know, nope. But it is a good idea, and I've heard them sound quite good. 
Dave @ Seymour Duncan
DL4, and a reverb pedal.
My Soundcloud dudes
Recording gear:
Yahama Hs8
Saffire Pro 40
Shure Sm57
Shure Sm7b

Guitar gear :
Ebmm BFR7
Axe fx XL+
Walrus audio Janus