Page 1 of 2
Hi guys, i know it's not that good video quality i have, or even the content is not the best.. but why i'm not getting any views at all?!
As an example, i've uploaded this video yesterday, an still don't have more than 5 views...

Any suggestions?
Give your self the time to be a Beginner... because no one started as a Professional.
I can only imagine it's the key you are in.
There are a million videos of skinny white boy dorks with goofy "metal" looking guitars playing trash on YouTube.  People look at that thumbnail and think "tbh i would rather watch a video with cats or boobs" and then they watch that instead of your crap.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
 it's because you don't spam your videos enough 
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
( )_( ) signature to help him gain World Domination

Do you remember chalk hearts melting on a playground wall
Do you remember dawn escapes from moon washed college halls
Do you remember the cherry blossom in the market square
Do you remember I thought it was confetti in our hair
have you considered the opposite

why would anyone watch this
Quote by theogonia777
There are a million videos of skinny white boy dorks with goofy "metal" looking guitars playing trash on YouTube.  People look at that thumbnail and think "tbh i would rather watch a video with cats or boobs" and then they watch that instead of your crap.

Start wearing a dress like hjfreaks.

OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
Quote by TROUnation
Need some clickbait.

This young man with no head picks up a guitar, what happens next will warm your heart...
It didn't take long to realise
The safest place was not her arms, but her eyes
Where she can't see you
For her gaze, it blisters;
Grey skin to cinders
Have you considered getting a new amp? 

Because I think what you need is a new amp. 
Trying to get popular on YouTube by playing the most generic covers with the most common practiced musical instrument is like trying to win the lottery in this day and age. There are millions of people doing the exact same thing as you. Forget the views and just make music for your own enjoyment, that's all that really matters anyways.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

Quote by JustRooster
Start wearing a dress like hjfreaks.

Shit like this is why I'm scared of Japan.
dirtbag ballet by the bins down the alley
as i walk through the chalet of the shadow of death
everything that you've come to expect

Yeah you need a "thing" to get views. Try telling you're blind for example. And deaf while you're at it. Play without shirt and cut your other leg off. Play in a boat that is slowly sinking. There are endless possibilities and you just have to find what suits you.
WHAT A
HORRIBLE
NIGHT TO
HAVE A
CURSE.
I felt the need to just be an asshole guise, it built up deep down inside and I can't let it go:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Because you don't have a niche, and because you touch yourself at night.

That was basically that Zakk Wylde ballad solo right? Without all the criteria that would make it anything near "good" or "virtuosic" or "impressive" or "worth anyone's time". 

Your vibrato sucks, your phrasing sucks, your runs suck, you're stuck in a pentatonic box, your tone is thin, your phrasing sounds improvised without feeling as though it's "natural", you're just barely playing to the actual progression, the licks that you've practiced sound really rehearsed and don't smoothly transition into the rest of what you're playing....etc

There's no resolution to the endless pentatonic vomit that you've presented us with.

That tapping bit? Oh my actual fucking god that was laughable. 

Please woodshed for a decade, by that time electric guitar playing will become even more of an archaic novelty.

In conclusion:

You're not getting youtube views because you don't deserve it. It's not really because you're a mediocre guitar player.

Take Jared Dines for example

Not the greatest player in the world

Seriously, he will tell you that he sucks, and many of his peers outstrip him in every way as an instrumentalist (Rob Scallon, Rick Graham (God)  yadda yadda)

But he's an amicable and charismatic motherfucker, and he puts so much fucking time and effort into his content that he sees an ROI

Therefore he gets views, networking, endorsements, whatever

He's developed into an effective marketing platform for these gear companies to hit target audiences. Because he's developed this effective platform, google will make him more accessible depending on the boolean you enter into a youtube searchbar, therefore more views.

Take any youtube guitarplayer and swap his/her name for Jared's and its the same deal.

You are fucking selling yourself ok? If the service (youtube, google, facebook) is free. You are not the consumer, you are the product. So make it a product worth clicking on.

Bitch-ass Punk-ass Mark-ass Whiteboi-ass Skinny-ass Wifebeater-ass Doesnt understand-ass Waste of my time-ass 

Now go and fucking practice
Legato and fluidity in your playing is where it's at

DJENT!!
ಠ_ಠ
Quote by Shredwizard445

Lack of practice isn't why no-one is interested. It's just not an interesting thing to be doing.
smb 

I'm hip

I outlined that he's missing several other components to successfully selling himself. I just wanted to tell him to fucking practice because that solo was a miserable shit show. 

DJENT!!
ಠ_ಠ
12-15-12-15-15b
Check out my band Disturbed
StewieSwan 

He stands in awe of the mighty Peppers

Lo, and behold all that is glorious in the realm of pentatonic rape tapping

DJENT!!
ಠ_ಠ
Quote by Shredwizard445
I felt the need to just be an asshole guise, it built up deep down inside and I can't let it go:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Because you don't have a niche, and because you touch yourself at night.

That was basically that Zakk Wylde ballad solo right? Without all the criteria that would make it anything near "good" or "virtuosic" or "impressive" or "worth anyone's time". 

Your vibrato sucks, your phrasing sucks, your runs suck, you're stuck in a pentatonic box, your tone is thin, your phrasing sounds improvised without feeling as though it's "natural", you're just barely playing to the actual progression, the licks that you've practiced sound really rehearsed and don't smoothly transition into the rest of what you're playing....etc

There's no resolution to the endless pentatonic vomit that you've presented us with.

That tapping bit? Oh my actual fucking god that was laughable. 

Please woodshed for a decade, by that time electric guitar playing will become even more of an archaic novelty.

In conclusion:

You're not getting youtube views because you don't deserve it. It's not really because you're a mediocre guitar player.

Take Jared Dines for example

Not the greatest player in the world

Seriously, he will tell you that he sucks, and many of his peers outstrip him in every way as an instrumentalist (Rob Scallon, Rick Graham (God)  yadda yadda)

But he's an amicable and charismatic motherfucker, and he puts so much fucking time and effort into his content that he sees an ROI

Therefore he gets views, networking, endorsements, whatever

He's developed into an effective marketing platform for these gear companies to hit target audiences. Because he's developed this effective platform, google will make him more accessible depending on the boolean you enter into a youtube searchbar, therefore more views.

Take any youtube guitarplayer and swap his/her name for Jared's and its the same deal.

You are fucking selling yourself ok? If the service (youtube, google, facebook) is free. You are not the consumer, you are the product. So make it a product worth clicking on.

Bitch-ass Punk-ass Mark-ass Whiteboi-ass Skinny-ass Wifebeater-ass Doesnt understand-ass Waste of my time-ass 

Dines shouldve quit when he took a break.

He is annoying as shit

OP has a good chance at making it if thats the criteria
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
Dines shouldve quit when he took a break.

He is annoying as shit

OP has a good chance at making it if thats the criteria

15 kinds of scene kids playing posthardcore drum solos like comment and subscrible ! ! !
Check out my band Disturbed
To OP: 

If nobody knows who you are, why would they watch your videos, or even know how to search for them (since they don't know your name).  

For the record I've found lots of great stuff on youtube with few views at all, and I just considered myself fortunate to find them. 
The truth is that you need to promote your videos by posting them around, the title needs to have something to generate traffic, the thumbnail needs to have something. I have a gaming youtube, got like 100-200 views per video and then I made a guide video and it was getting 1000 views a day on that vid and started picking up subscribers daily.... Why? because it was something people were looking for, it had an appropriate title and thumbnail, that also increased the views on my other videos considerably.

Nobody is looking for random dudes playing guitar improvisation. Big channels can get away with it by first creating a following through other content, through building their channels over time with stuff that people are looking for.
Cornford Hellcat
Peavey 5150
1994 Ibanez Jem 7V
Last edited by Bigbazz at Mar 13, 2017,
Lets see... production values, correct use of search terms, a title that catches people's attention, you know like "everyone has been tuning their guitars wrong".

Then you need to sign up for every social media site, reel in "friends", I mean just be a whore about getting "friends", then spam your video over all the social media sites.

Then ask yourself, what does anyone get out of this video? Because if you aren't giving them something, be it cool graphics, a tip they can use, or a hot chick then forget it.

Emulate this guy:
https://www.youtube.com/user/JimLill45

He does it right, he's on everything Instagram, Facebook, blah blah blah and he gets to the point, he's sociopathically charming.
Last edited by 33db at Mar 13, 2017,
1/10 would not watch again.
'16 Gibson LP Standard T, '95 Fender MIM Strat
Helix Rack, Jetcity JCA50H w/ JCA24s+
Honestly, nobody wants to listen to your random improvisation. The video/audio quality doesn't really help either.

There are so many people that are better at doing what you are doing, so people are rather going to listen to them. You can't really become popular if all you do is generic guitar improvisation. There needs to be something more in the video.

You need to practice, your need to add some personality to your videos (I mean, people can't even see your face), and your audio and video quality needs to be improved. You also need to be more innovative (at least come up with a better title). Nobody wants to listen to 4 minutes of generic wanna-be Zakk Wylde soloing, even if the video and audio quality were great, the video as a whole looked more interesting and your playing/improvisation skills were better. Aimless noodling is not going to get you any views. If you want to make guitar videos, at least play some actual songs that have melodies and a clear structure (though even then you are not likely going to get many views), not just aimless soloing with generic pentatonic licks. That gets boring really fast.

Would you watch that video if it was somebody else playing? I doubt it.
Quote by AlanHB
Just remember that there are no boring scales, just boring players.

Gear

Bach Stradivarius 37G
Charvel So Cal
Fender Dimension Bass
Hartke HyDrive 210c
Ibanez BL70
Laney VC30
Tokai TB48
Yamaha FG720S-12
Yamaha P115
There are millions of hours of well produced content from independent and professional creators alike. Why the FUCK would anyone other than your mom take the time out to play this?

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
One other thing, when you set out to show people what you can do expect to get shit on, it's part of the game, don't take it personal, just muster on.
Quote by Xiaoxi
There are millions of hours of well produced content from independent and professional creators alike. Why the FUCK would anyone other than your mom take the time out to play this?

Did she tell you she didn't like it?
see, the whole reason why jared dines gets views is because he's got personality in his videos
hate to say it, but just playing won't get you anywhere, whether your playing is good or utter shit.
you need to pinpoint where you want to go with your channel and find what people like and click on
a blend of those things could get you somewhere
but something like this isn't interesting.
why?
because why the fuck should I or any other youtube viewer care about what you're playing?
it's not different, intriguing, or fun to watch. that's the cold hard truth.
if i knew how to get immense views though, i'd probably be doing it, so i couldn't tell you the exact way to do it.
experiment all you can
good luck
Hmmm, lotsa BR wanking.... not much substance.

More talent, more practice, better guitar tone, interesting and unusual approach, a solo that tells a story.  These are things that attract views/listeners.
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY

Hi everyone! I have recently just finished writing up an ebook which contains 40 massive tips on guitar playing, if you guys could take a look at it and suggest imporvements that would be greatly appreciated! Thankyou, please fine the link below...
http://getmyfile.org/file/A6Es73
Quote by ElMaco
Yeah you need a "thing" to get views. Try telling you're blind for example. And deaf while you're at it. Play without shirt and cut your other leg off. Play in a boat that is slowly sinking. There are endless possibilities and you just have to find what suits you.

I like how you think
Quote by LivinJoke84
I cant be naked. I have a huge fear of leaving a stain wherever i sit. Especially if its really warm
Quote by Trowzaa
Shit like this is why I'm scared of Japan.
for me it's godzilla
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
get implants
"ba doo doo ba doo doo ba doo daa"
- earth,wind, and fire
Biggest problem is you don't have tits.

Dress up like a slutty ass  girl stuff some balloons in your shirt. It won't matter if you can play or not but you'll get the views. 
They can't stop us Let 'em try For heavy metal We will die!
Quote by MurrcuryFoxx

Dress up like a slutty ass  girl stuff some balloons in your shirt. It won't matter if you can play or not but you'll get the views. 

Also stuff balloons in your pants too
WHAT A
HORRIBLE
NIGHT TO
HAVE A
CURSE.
Quote by MurrcuryFoxx

There's your angle, wear a dress and tell them you're trans.
Quote by 33db
There's your angle, wear a dress and tell them you're trans.

He can write songs about the patriarchy and sjws. All the fans might be fat feminists but at lest you'd have a fan based.  
They can't stop us Let 'em try For heavy metal We will die!
Page 1 of 2