Hiya fellas! I am trying to find extreme metal guitarists that play death, black, grind or also thrash metal using the Fender Stratocaster. I am just interested to see if any guitarists actually do this. If you know any it would be cool if you could send a link of the guitarist playing a strat.
Jon Levasseur from Cryptopsy is the first that jumps to mind.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Not many do, because it's not got the right sound at all.
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
Quote by duncang

Well all it takes is a bridge humbucker and you're there, even one of those mini single coil sized humbuckers in strats with traditional routing.
Cornford Hellcat
Peavey 5150
1994 Ibanez Jem 7V
Quote by duncang

How so?  H-S-S Strats are fairly common.  Even so, the amp/dirt pedals, cabinet, microphone and its placement, and post-production have a much bigger effect on the guitar sound than pickups have, and that's just the guitar alone.  Once you throw it into a mix with another guitar, bass, and drums the pickups are pretty negligible in metal.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Guitarist from Obituary, Andreas Kisser from Sepultura in the past(?)..recently saw Iron Reagan with 2 strats as well.
I'm pretty sure that Brett Campbell from Pallbearer uses a Fender Strat SSS sometimes. Not sure if it really qualifies as Extreme Metal but they do get lumped in with funeral doom an awful lot. 
Gibson SG 2016 1960's Tribute
Fender Standard Stratocaster
Marshall DSL100H
Marshall 1960B 4x12
ProCo Rat 2
I play somewhat extreme stuff on my strat. I've been going through Hail Murder by Dark Funeral and some Dimmu Borgir. My strat has a Seymour Duncan JB Humbucker on the bridge.

I've seen videos of Mayhem playing strats live and of course Maiden using strats live.
Quote by Verz
I play somewhat extreme stuff on my strat. I've been going through Hail Murder by Dark Funeral and some Dimmu Borgir. My strat has a Seymour Duncan JB Humbucker on the bridge.

I've seen videos of Mayhem playing strats live and of course Maiden using strats live.

Dave Murray uses a Hot Rails/JB jr/Hot Rails combo in his Strats. 
Dave @ Seymour Duncan
Quote by Mincer
Dave Murray uses a Hot Rails/JB jr/Hot Rails combo in his Strats. 

Those JBs are nice pick ups. So he's running one as a middle pick up? I never knew what setup he was using to be honest. Thanks for pointing it out My single coils are just the ones that came standard. I can't even remember what they are. It's rare i stray from using the bridge pick up to be honest. Terrible, I know.

Edit: Forgive me. I just looked up and saw that they are single humbuckers >.< *slap my wrists*
Last edited by Verz at Apr 26, 2017,