for 4 months in my opinion it sounds like you are truckin...speaking of that.  throw in Space Truckin' with your smoke on the water practice!

just keep expanding from there...make sure you are retaining what you learn...I find sometimes I introduce something new and 3 or 4 things I was working
on vanish from my practice routine and then if I come back to them...it takes a bit to remember the full passages etc...so I'd assume they weren't totally gelled although I might have been playing them "fine" for a few nights etc.

good luck...seriously...sounds like you are taking it seriously and making great progress.
Honestly, writing a list of what you can do, or possibly what you think you can do, is meaningless. 

The thing is, as a beginner with next to no experience you're literally the worst qualified person to make a judgement on your abilities...it's the same for everyone when they start out! Invariably one of two things happens, you either get carried away with the progress you've made and start thinking you're some kind of prodigy and get way ahead of yourself, or you start beating yourself up and thinking you suck because everyone else seems to be better than you.

Ultimately both those situations are equally counter-productive, so if you don't have a teacher to make that assessment for you the absolute best thing you can do is post a video of your playing so people can offer their own insights - which may not be pretty but will be invaluable if you want to make progress. It's practically impossible to make an objective assessment of your own abilities until you're a lot more experienced.

Without being able to see or even hear you play this thread is meaningless.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
I would agree with the above but figured I'd tip toe and then ask to see a clip. For the OP. maybe record those chords you can work through smoothly and one of the solos.

Post it up. Would be a lot easier to see your progress and give further feedback.
Quote by Nadda2
I would agree with the above but figured I'd tip toe and then ask to see a clip.  For the OP.  maybe record those chords you can work through smoothly and one of the solos.

Post it up.  Would be a lot easier to see your progress and give further feedback.

Meh, sugar coating is for M&Ms  
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Well 4 month isn't too long. I thought his mention of Smoke on the Water and a Dream Theater solo was a little weird. I didn't know the song and found the solo which was tasty and fairly easy.

But if the OP can just make,a quick audio or video clip of maybe 2 of the things they're working on. I think they'll get the best advise moving forward.
steven seagull Ouch ... a bit harsh, there, Stephen.  There's enough info offered to give an idea of progress, though of course it's impossible to tell what the OP plays like.  Even so, I'd suggest a motivational response, carrying suggestions, would be more appropriate for a guy that's getting stuck in.

To me, it sounds like he's moving in a positive direction.  But yes, some kind of recording would help.
OP, sounds like you are progressing well. I didn't track my development like that, I just loved playing.  And, although I played many songs and progressed quickly, when I look back on my playing at that time, I pretty much sucked for at least a year, but who cares, I was having fun. 

i never thought of it as a competition.