best in terms of what? a MM is basically a plank of wood with a pickup not much to them. 
If you're thinking of a Gibson Melody Maker then the answer is none of them.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
It's a student guitar with bottom drawer hardware.  They do still serve a purpose for some but there are a LOT of nicer guitars out there for the same $$.
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY
look at Sublime Guitar Company (SGC), i have a very nice Cheftain, as do a few people in my Church, and they make a really nice version of a gibson melody maker that one guy owns.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
I'd like to find a 1959 Vintage one with mahogany and rosewood.  I believe this is the same kind Carl Barât uses from the Libertines.  If I can't find one of those, is there another MM comparable to that? 
I've always wanted an old Melody Maker as well. I had a deal on one a year ago, went out to play it and kindly declined. It wasn't good. It was a cheap guitar 50-60 years ago and it still felt like it. I'd like to get one after all one day, but it'll have to be better than the one I played.