Page 1 of 2
Do you think playing guitar will help me get a girlfriend? I'm a girl who likes girls and I want a gf to serenade. Also what love songs are good to play for girls.
Get a fog machine, bitches love fog machines.

FSHHHHHHHHHHH
It didn't take long to realise
The safest place was not her arms, but her eyes
Where she can't see you
For her gaze, it blisters;
Grey skin to cinders
Quote by emmakm2002
I'm a girl who likes girls
ey Bay BAYYYYY that's cause you haven't had the full JG Deluxe experience yet, so how's about you hook me up wit dem digits and we'll get that sorted out?
There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
I once heard a legend that if you learn an entire Slayer album front to back, Kerry King will come out of nowhere and grant you three wishes.  
Just for fun, I'm going to assume that this thread is 100% serious and just answer the question.

Playing music will help you get the attention of girls who like the music you play. What you do with that attention is up to you, and has very little to do with how good you are at playing the guitar.
Death to Ovation haters!
playing guitar isn't cool anymore.
the only way you can get chicks playing guitar in 2017 is if you can also sing.
having shredding skills only attracts other guitar dudes srs.
most chicks aren't into guitarist nerds, they like EDM producers and trap rappers, be a DJ or some shit, and you'll get invited to a ton of parties.

that being said, I can play and sing many Dave Mathews songs very well, and back in the day this song would make any "rock" chick blush.

but that era is over ^^^ throw your guitar in the trash and start making beats on a Mac!
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

It worked for Joan Jett.  
"Your sound is in your hands as much as anything. It's the way you pick, and the way you hold the guitar, more than it is the amp or the guitar you use." -- Stevie Ray Vaughan

"Anybody can play. The note is only 20 percent. The attitude of the motherfucker who plays it is 80 percent." -- Miles Davis

Guthrie on tone: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmohdG9lLqY
This is why god invented the acoustic guitar.

Wonderwall + Ed Sheeran + Shawn Mendes + Good Riddance will absolutely work on someone who's already interested in you, I GUARANTEE it.

What's more attractive than the music and instrument, to someone who already is interested in you, is that you're passionate and dedicated about something, especially something expressive and emotional.

My source: I woo'ed my wife (then girlfriend) with the help of my acoustic
My God, it's full of stars!
Quote by Dreadnought
This is why god invented the acoustic guitar.

Wonderwall + Ed Sheeran + Shawn Mendes + Good Riddance will absolutely work on someone who's already interested in you, I GUARANTEE it.

What's more attractive than the music and instrument, to someone who already is interested in you, is that you're passionate and dedicated about something, especially something expressive and emotional.

My source: I woo'ed my wife (then girlfriend) with the help of my acoustic

but if they like Wonderwall or Ed Sheeran or Shawn Mendes or Green Day then they are not worth wooing
Quote by MeGaDeth2314
but if they like Wonderwall or Ed Sheeran or Shawn Mendes or Green Day then they are not worth wooing

Get out of here guitar music elitist
My God, it's full of stars!
Quote by k.lainad
playing guitar isn't cool anymore.
the only way you can get chicks playing guitar in 2017 is if you can also sing.
having shredding skills only attracts other guitar dudes srs. 

When was this magical era when women flocked to men purely for their shredding skills and didn't care whether or not they could sing?
Death to Ovation haters!
Quote by MeGaDeth2314

Quote by DisarmGoliath
Facesitting is a violation of freedom of speech, because how can you speak when you have an ass covering your face?
Quote by dspellman
Girlfriend, no. 
Laid, maybe. 

I am married to a woman who first noticed me because I was playing the guitar.

EDIT: (But it was an acoustic guitar, and I was singing.)
Death to Ovation haters!
Last edited by PatchworkMan at Mar 13, 2017,
Quote by PatchworkMan
When was this magical era when women flocked to men purely for their shredding skills and didn't care whether or not they could sing?

Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

It's a fact that 99.9% of lesbians love acoustic guitar music the same way that 99.9% of gay men love musical theater.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
Quote by Dregen
theogonia777

so

very likely?

Yes, though I should mention that that 99.9% only applies to butch lesbians.  
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
maybe (hopefully) it's just that having any interests at all gives an advantage over the majority of singletons

if strumming a few chords is what gets someone into your knickers, both your head and genitals need a medical examination
Quote by Dreadnought

No.  It will only work if you play Ani DiFranco.  Lesbians don't care about any of that.  Just relating to people that can relate to Ani DiFranco songs.
Playing guitar may give you a confidence you didn;t have in the past which can lead to you be a more attractive human being
If you slit my throat with my one last gasping breath I'd apologize for bleeding on your shirt

Where did You Sleep Last Night is a great song to show your love interest you care about them
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
‘Cause there's nothing here for you my dear
And everything must pass
Girls are only interested in acoustic guitar and you have to be able to sing as well. If you can do that, just play the most boring shit imaginable and panties will be flying at you left, right and centre.
I have nothing important to say
I don't understand why you people keep posting when Ani DiFranco has already been said.
probably, but you have to be pretty damn good for it to be effective 
no i'm afraid not, it's been scientifically unproven
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
( )_( ) signature to help him gain World Domination

Do you remember chalk hearts melting on a playground wall
Do you remember dawn escapes from moon washed college halls
Do you remember the cherry blossom in the market square
Do you remember I thought it was confetti in our hair
There are many benefits to playing guitar. I remember looking it up a few years ago. Something about a better memory...

Idk. Anyway, girls don't like guitar. I'd know  
"I feel like a one legged cat trying to bury a turd in a frozen pond."

DANMARK ØDELÆGGER ALLE
Worked for Melissa Etheridge.  

Then again... I don't even understand how two women can make love. I mean, unless they just kinda scissor or something.  
Gear: Gibson Les Paul Studio, Gibson SG Special, Fender Stratocaster, Fender Telecaster, Fender Jazzmaster, Gretsch Pro Jet, Carvin C350, Epiphone ES-339 P90, Epiphone ES-335 Pro. Peavey 6505, Sovtek MIG-100, Vox AC30, Peavey XXX.
As the only lesbian to respond in this thread, Ani DiFranco is the only answer.
I wouldn't actually try to get a 'girlfriend' out of it though... considering that whole Lesbian Bed Death business.  I'd just be like the Lesbian version of Steel Panther... bang like 100 different chicks every night.  

Become the Lesbian Steel Panther.  
Gear: Gibson Les Paul Studio, Gibson SG Special, Fender Stratocaster, Fender Telecaster, Fender Jazzmaster, Gretsch Pro Jet, Carvin C350, Epiphone ES-339 P90, Epiphone ES-335 Pro. Peavey 6505, Sovtek MIG-100, Vox AC30, Peavey XXX.
Quote by PatchworkMan
I am married to a woman who first noticed me because I was playing the guitar.

EDIT: (But it was an acoustic guitar, and I was singing.)

And you were all sensitive and shit, right? 

I was married for seven years to a woman who came to check me out where I was playing. But we'd been on the phone with each other (online dating before there was online, you know?) for a couple of months before that. 
Page 1 of 2