I was after a decent LP style guitar within my somewhat limited budget, and after a cruise around on Trade Me (we don't have/use eBay in New Zealand), I happened upon the Hamer Monaco XT (a lower price Hamer model made in Indonesia). There's an online store called Reboxed which is basically a warehouse/outlet place that had a small supply of factory seconds for sale on their page. They were all perfectly functional, but just had a couple of flaws in the finish. All it meant to me was that I could get a really cool guitar for $350NZ instead of $800NZ. Before I pulled the trigger on it, I managed to find one in a local music store, tried it out and fell in love (sounded awesome through the Laney Ironheart amp I used in the store), so I promptly ordered one on my return home.

The "flaws" in this one are more or less unnoticeable, there's one tiny discoloured spot behind the bridge which I've tried to capture in the last photo, but besides that, it's great. Not a particularly heavy guitar, but it doesn't feel like a toy either. The neck is thinner than I was expecting for an LP style guitar, very comfortable and easy to get around on. The Duncan Designed pickups aren't bad at all, but they're not quite as hot as I'd like, so I'm gonna be trying out some Tonerider pickups in there (Octane in the bridge and a Generator in the neck). All in all, I'm really digging this guitar, never saw myself playing a Hamer but I'm glad I found it

Pics:

Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.
nice burst on that one. great find!
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Cheers dude  Yeah, it's a tobacco burst, looks much better in person. Not usually a burst fan, but I love this.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.
purdy! I still regret selling my Explorer type hamer to this day.

gratz'!
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/