Even some friends can't stand that I play, some that have never even heard me play... They simply don't want to know about it. 

My Wife would love it if I packed it all up. 

I know I am not the best but I can play somethings alright... People I jam with seem to come back for more...
you should leave your wife and friends, pick up a drug habit, and meet some real rockers
Sounds like your wife is fucking your friends
why tho

admittedly I am but a youth, but something I have learned is that, if your partner shows dislike to major hobbies/passions of yours, that should set off alarm bells in your head

edit: all of my partners have had at least passing interest in it, even if they just read a bit while I practiced. Never any animosity, really.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
Last edited by Banjocal at Mar 14, 2017,
Yes he dose. He says he doesn't but he get all pissy when I play and acts like a douche but that's his problem and he'll get over it. 
They can't stop us Let 'em try For heavy metal We will die!
you know, I can't quite gauge it

but tbh, even I hate me playing guitar cuz I'm not quite really that good at all at anything
o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
yes every night of my entire life i go to bed crying because i wasnt born american
OP, do they hate that you play, or do they hate that you don't shut up about it?
Quote by Diemon Dave
Don't go ninjerin nobody don't need ninjerin'
Quote by slapsymcdougal
OP, do they hate that you play, or do they hate that you don't shut up about it?

also this
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
Quote by slapsymcdougal

Inquiring minds, and all that.
Just point your guitar out from your crotch like a giant stringed knob, hit a power chord and thrust every time they seem negative about it.

Repeat until you're single and friendless.
It didn't take long to realise
The safest place was not her arms, but her eyes
Where she can't see you
For her gaze, it blisters;
Grey skin to cinders
Yeah she gets really pissed off about it.
I hate to think how she'll react if she ever finds out I slept with her sister.
getting into a relationship with somebody who doesn't support your art? just lol, not even once.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

Why would a partner dislike guitar playing? Unless you spend more time with your guitar than with them, how is it going to affect them in any way?
I have nothing important to say
Quote by JackSaints
Why would a partner dislike guitar playing? Unless you spend more time with your guitar than with them, how is it going to affect them in any way?

From my experience it's mostly people bitching about how I should get a real job or I'll never make it as a musician or something along those lines. I hear shit like that almost daily from not just my partner but damn near everyone I know. The funny part though is I"m not trying to make it as a musician or get famous I play music for me not anyone else. I don't care about fame or making money sure that would be fucking awesome but I'm happy just jamming in my room. 
nah. she's musical herself. she plays viola and sings amazingly and recently took up the harp. we gud
Check out my band Disturbed
Sounds like a good way to be broke.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
My wife is my only groupie, she would prefer I sell off my knife and axe collection and bought more guitars.
"It's better to be a warrior in a garden than a gardener in a war"
Quote by whoomit
Yeah she gets really pissed off about it.
I hate to think how she'll react if she ever finds out I slept with her sister.

Write a song about sleeping with her sister, see how pissed you can get her.
Quote by 33db
Write a song about sleeping with her sister, see how pissed you can get her.

Write the song but don't play it for her till your wedding. 
slapsymcdougal  I never discuss it, unless someone brings it which is never.... I get up at 5:00 am and play for an hour on low volume no-one hears it at home.
Haha. Partner. Haha. :')
Quote by snipelfritz
You lost me at "Lubricate."

I'm raw, like nature. Nature boy. Big jungle leaves are my cum rags.

Sometimes I fuck a bamboo shoot.

There's nothing left here to be saved
Just barreling dogs and barking trains
Another year lost to the blue line
To be honest everyone hates my guitar playing,   Weather or not my wife likes it or not is a non issue,  She knows what side her breads buttered on 
It's strange, been playing for 2 months after a hiatus of 25 or more years (periodically I would try, buy new gear, give up) but my neighbor heard me playing the other day and said "that sounds really good".
Surprised he heard, I play very quiet, surprised he said anything much less anything positive, surprised I enjoy it as much as I do now.

The movement of my hands, the sound of it, the simple joy, really what else do I need?
Quote by 33db
He came in for commiseration and got divorce papers instead.

He did?
Quote by 33db
It's strange, been playing for 2 months after a hiatus of 25 or more years (periodically I would try, buy new gear, give up) but my neighbor heard me playing the other day and said "that sounds really good".
Surprised he heard, I play very quiet, surprised he said anything much less anything positive, surprised I enjoy it as much as I do now.

The movement of my hands, the sound of it, the simple joy, really what else do I need?

Makes a difference doesn't it, I must suck big time.
Quote by 33db
stfu

are you saying shut the fuck up?  Are you in the habit of telling the OP to stfu? y stfu y fqc
Last edited by wiggedy at Mar 15, 2017,
I wouldn't say hate but my wife complains whenever I do any of my hobbies. It's what they do.
My partner doesnt mind me playing her.
27mMoV31II7.a2