Just ordered a Special 6. Any thoughts a power tube. Got a variety of 12ax7's just no 6v6's. Thanks      
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
I also love EHX. They worked well in my Orange Rockerverb 50
Guitars:
PRS Custom 24
Gibson Les Paul 60's Tribute
85' MIJ Strat
97' Snakepit Les Paul
LP Traditional 1960 Zebra
MIJ Tele
MIA Strat

Amps:
Silver Jubilee 2525
Peavey Ultra 112
Jet City JCA50H
66' Bassman
Pink Paisley Princeton RV
74' Vibro Champ
EHX are made by the same (formerly Reflektor) Russian  factory that makes Sovtek, Mullard, TungSol

I buy JJ brands through Eurotubes dot com. They've got some pretty good testing equipment, good prices, good service. 
http://www.eurotubes.com/store/pc/viewCategories.asp?idCategory=58

Note that the JJ 6v6S can be slotted into high plate voltage amps that normally use 6L6 and EL34s (Fender Hot Rods, etc.) where the Sovteks, EH, etc., can not. 
The JJ 6v6S is about $16.
the jj one's pretty nice- possibly more like a 6L6. I don't think it's dark at all- I think it's the other JJ tubes which are dark (preamp tubes mainly?).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
i have JJ's in my Rockerverb 50 too. sound great. gotta be honest though, its the only new set i have put in there.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Gonna try JJ, Mullard, Eh, Tung Sol and maybe an RCA. Also have a 10" Blue Marvel an a 12" Lady Luck. Been looking at a Vox cab, but gonna wait on that.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Line 6 Pod HD
I just realized that it was JJ Power tubes I put in my Rockerverb, not EHX. The pre amp tubes were all EHX The JJ's sounded great! I agree with DAVE that the only time I've complained about a JJ being dark was when using their 12ax7 in the preamp of my AC30 and Jet City. They're great cost effective tubes.
Guitars:
PRS Custom 24
Gibson Les Paul 60's Tribute
85' MIJ Strat
97' Snakepit Les Paul
LP Traditional 1960 Zebra
MIJ Tele
MIA Strat

Amps:
Silver Jubilee 2525
Peavey Ultra 112
Jet City JCA50H
66' Bassman
Pink Paisley Princeton RV
74' Vibro Champ
I've got JJ's 12ax7 in the pre amp my Valve Jr and its perfect. And in the power section EH el84. I'm gonna try that combo first with the 6v6.   
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Line 6 Pod HD
I swear by JJ on just about anything. I have 40 brand new JJ12AX7s. A dozen JJ EL34L, 8 JJ 6L6's a dozen EL84s and a quad of brand new JJ 6V6's.and a mixture of at least 50 preamp tubes of other brands and some NOS pres, and a few NOS power tubes.

I buy from tube depot when they go in sale.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Good deal. I think I'll pick up a JJ el34 along with the 6v6. Wondering if the VHT will dethrone my Valve Jr. Kinda doubt it, but gonna be fun to find out.  
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Line 6 Pod HD
^ i'd say the vht is nicer, but then you have a v3 VJ where they fixed a lot of the previous problems, so
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?