I've recently bought a Teisco and placed a new neck on it. The only issue is is that the new neck has a longer scale length so I need to also place a new bridge on it as well. I just wanted some clarification on the placement of a hard-tail tele/strat type bridge. The distance from the nut to the 12th fret should be measured and then doubled. This gives a scale length and gives us the position of the bridge. All the saddles on the bridge should be pushed as far out as possible when aligning it with the scale length so once the guitar is fretted the saddles can be pulled to make the string length longer and have correct intonation. Correct?  

I.E: The saddles should be at their out most position and should be 25.5 inches away from the nut. Correct? Once intonated the saddles will be pulled back and the notes will be correct as the guitar is fretted?
Quote by Soteriophobiac
All the saddles on the bridge should be pushed as far out as possible  when aligning it with the scale length so once the guitar is fretted the  saddles can be pulled to make the string length longer and have correct  intonation. Correct?
Generally, I believe, they will all be slightly longer than the theoretical scale length, so your method should be okay.  Personally, I like to have some "wiggle room" if possible, so I would adjust the saddles in a little, and align this with the theoretical scale length, just on the offchance it was necessary to go the other way a bit.

As always, seek 2nd or 3rd opinions.

This is quite cool: http://www.liutaiomottola.com/formulae/compensation.htm

"Correct" is a strong word.  Tuning a guitar is all a bit of a compromise.
You also need to bear in mind that in moving the bridge to a new location, you're going to dramatically affect how the guitar will sound. As by moving the bridge, you're moving where the pickups are going to be picking up the vibrations of the strings.
Quote by TheSennaj
And well yes, I'll enjoy the carpal tunnel and tendonitis, because trying to get one is clearly smarter than any word you have spoken thus far.