Greetings fellow guitarheads. I'm Lefteris from Greece, living in a small village in central Germany and I'm gonna order online an electric guitar, an amp and basically everything I need to play at home.

For the record, the amp I've chosen to buy is a blackstar 20w core v.2 stereo (solid state) for 150 euros. Seemed to me for a good amplifier for home fun.

So, to the main dish. My available budget for the guitar is 500 euros or less (focusing on the less ). I play mainly metal (death, thrash, tunings mainly D and E standard and D drop), but I like to have fun with cleans and jazz-like sounds also. String gauges I use 9s and 10s

I want the guitar to be as minimal as possible. Fixed bridge and if possible a single humbucker. (Not using neck pickup at all) Also, the less knobs, the better. That's why I fell in love with the Jackson RRXT of Christian Andreu, Gojira. Minimal and brutal. Too bad I cannot find anywhere a used piece of that guitar.. new ones cost over 600e, and the cost of a used one that comes from the States, with the shipping and import costs goes over 550e.

I'm torn between a few options, and here is where you brothers can help. I was thinking of buying the Jackson Warrior JS32T with 300e and install a SD Nazgul or a Black Winter (+100e, I would change only the bridge pup for now) or go for a more versatile Schecter Omen Extreme 6 (430e). I've looked into several other guitars but I tried to narrow it down to these 2.

I'm a newb more or less when it comes to guitar woods, hardware etc, so I heavily rely on your opinions and/or new suggestions. The more the merrier.

Thanks in advance for your time and effort. Horns up \m/
you may want to see if you can find a used guitar so your money stretches further. you may not use a neck pickup nw but down the road you may find the need for one.  i'd also consider looking at say a BC Rich Warlock just don't get a really cheap one and skip the Kerry King models (except the top of the line which is beyond your budget. 
Used Ltd 400 series or above.
Ibanez Rg 321mh
Squier Classic Vibe 1970s Precision Bass
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
ulfantras90 you can really pick any guitar. There are cheap models now with EMG pickups and Seymour Duncans. Since it will be a beginners guitar as romeozdistress said a used LTD 400 series + are great options and wont break the bank. I got my EC 1000 LTD for $450.00 just gotta shop around.  
Thomann might be a good consideration. Pointy guitars here: https://www.thomann.de/gb/heavy_guitars.html?oa=pra

They do ship to Greece.
Guitar/Bass:
Schecter: Damien 6/Stilletto Extreme 5, Squier: Bullet HSS*, Washburn RX10*/WG-587, Agile Septor 727
*mods

Amps/FX
Peavey: Vypyr 30/Max 112 (200W), ISP: Decimator

Quote by dannyalcatraz
Understood- I waste money on amps*, too.

justinguitar.com is the answer
Buying a cheapo Jackson JS and putting $250 worth of pickups in it is very much a false economy. You're paying retail price for aftermarket pickups, which is far more than what they cost if they were being bought wholesale from the manufacturer.

It's especially a false economy when you have a cheap little budget practice amp. That $250 is far better spent getting an amp that's up to snuff, which the Blackstar ID Core amps are not.

Don't worry about the woods the guitar is made from. In the context of an amplified electric guitar, the difference they make is so insignificant that any of the more significant variables that are at play in a typical guitar-playing setting are going to totally drown out whatever difference the wood could be making. In terms of tone, they can be largely ignored. The only things that are worth considering in terms of wood for electric guitars are cosmetics, (a moot point if your guitar is in a solid colour) weight and stability.

Hardware is worth considering however, especially when you're looking at Floyd Rose bridges. You largely get what you pay for with Floyds, and the cheap ones are usually far more trouble than they are worth. I personally would only buy a guitar that had a Floyd Rose 1000 series bridge or better. The Floyd Rose Special bridges are made with cheaper materials that negatively impact the performance of the bridge overall. If a Floyd has tuning stability problems because it just isn't good quality, then you're better off having no Floyd at all. In your position, I would stick with a guitars that have a fixed bridge until you can expand your budget enough to afford a guitar with a 1000 Series Floyd.

The tuners themselves are very rarely the case of poor tuning stability, even cheap tuners are perfectly fine in that regard. The problem the vast majority of the time is a combination of the nut not being cut correctly, or the guitar hasn't been strung up properly. These two things in most cases can be fixed without needing to replace any hardware on the guitar whatsoever.
Quote by romeozdistress
Used Ltd 400 series or above.

IF it's a Korean-made 400.

The newer 401's are not the great value they once were when production of the 400 series moved from Korea to Vietnam/Indonesia/China and the quality of the build on them noticeably went down.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
Thanks a lot everyone for the contribution. Such an active forum. Nice!

Thomann is the shop I'm going to do my order and searching guitar mainly from there.

The LTD400's I found are starting from 650e and thats way over the 500 I can give. Apart from that, I would prefer the pups to be passive (emg 81&85s are active I think). Also, I was playing with a Licensed FR tremolo for so many years and it gave me SO many problems, especially when changing tunings or strings, that I want none of that in this new guitar. I want the good simple fixed bridge.

@T00DEEPBLUE I could cut the budget from the guitar and buy that cheap jackson and give 350e for an amp. What's your suggestion? Keep in mind I dont need something over 15-20w since im playing at home for fun. Heck, even 10 watts would be more than enough.

Keep the opinions comin boys, I really cant wait to decide and place that order.
Last edited by ulfantras90 at Mar 16, 2017,
Quote by ulfantras90
Thanks a lot everyone for the contribution. Such an active forum. Nice!
>Thomann is the shop I'm going to do my order and searching guitar mainly from there.
>The LTD400's I found are starting from 650e and thats way over the 500 I can give. Apart from that, I would prefer the pups to be passive (emg 81&85s are active I think). Also, I was playing with a Licensed FR tremolo for so many years and it gave me SO many problems, especially when changing tunings or strings, that I want none of that in this new guitar. I want the good simple fixed bridge.
> @T00DEEPBLUE I could cut the budget from the guitar and buy that cheap jackson and give 350e for an amp. What's your suggestion? Keep in mind I dont need something over 15-20w since im playing at home for fun. Heck, even 10 watts would be more than enough.
>Keep the opinions comin boys, I really cant wait to decide and place that order.

it's not so much about the wattage as the quality of the sound the amp can produce. you can get the greatest guitar ever made and it won't sound any better than a cheapie  thru a crap amp.  we tend to recommend amps that have a 12" speaker and that can produce an acceptable tone here (and for good reason). 
For 50 euros more I can get the blackstar ht 1watt based on the ht5. It's only one watt but it's a tube amp and have seen some pretty satisfying reviews by many (Both videos and text). Sounds decent for home practice.
Quote by ulfantras90

@T00DEEPBLUE I could cut the budget from the guitar and buy that cheap jackson and give 350e for an amp. What's your suggestion? Keep in mind I dont need something over 15-20w since im playing at home for fun. Heck, even 10 watts would be more than enough.

The power of an amp actually has very little to do with its volume. Where wattage does actually make a difference is the ability for the amp to produce low end at higher volumes. Smaller amps really struggle producing lots of low end at higher volumes because bass frequencies require exponentially more power to reproduce than mids and treble.

I would strongly suggest given such a tight budget to get a used tube amp like a Peavey 6505+112. I would not suggest getting the 6505MH because it doesn't sound that much like an actual 6505 (imo) and it also isn't a tube amp. It's a tube/solid state hybrid.
Quote by ulfantras90
For 50 euros more I can get the blackstar ht 1watt based on the ht5. It's only one watt but it's a tube amp and have seen some pretty satisfying reviews by many (Both videos and text). Sounds decent for home practice.

The HT1 is a pretty meh sounding amp in my opinion.

The HT's are solid state amps that Blackstar shoehorn a single 12AX7 into, and then call it a tube amp. It's not a tube amp, it's a hybrid. The way Blackstar market their amps is grossly misleading.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
Okay, thanks for the insight. You never learn enough from reviews and reading compared to the forums and discussions. I appreciate that.

I checked that 6505+112 and it seems like a top bang for the buck. It still goes way out of my budget league though. I can give max 350, and even used ones cost more. Plus, this thing is a beast. 60w, 30 kg. That thing is absolutely huge in all aspects for home practice.
I recently wanted a single humbucker guitar because I craved the simplicity.  I wound up getting a Gibson SG-X.  It is a an SG but with 24 frets and just one pickup (humbucker).  It is out of production, but is fairly recent.  It was one of the relatively cheap American made SG variations, but still got good reviews,better than other "cheap" Gibson's.  I'm happy with mine.  Used, they go for about $500-$600.  You could probably find one for $500 with some patience.  The humbucker and the 24 frets both are very good for metal IMO.  Also, it's an American made Gibson.  I always refused to consider getting a cheaper Gibson, wanting a "real" Les Paul or SG or nothing, not some crappy SG-Junior or whatever.  However, after reading the reviews on the SG-X, I decided it was not a second-class Gibson at all.

You might look into it.

Bernie Sanders for President!
I've played and owned cheap and expensive guitars, several tube amps and developed a tendency for cheaper stuff over the years.
There is really not much difference in buying a cheap ibanez or spending more than 1k+ on a guitar when it comes to playablity.
My favorite guitar at the moment is a Ibanez RG370b for which i payed 120 euros used. 
I started to use a Fender Mustang III v1 as a training amp (payed 150 euros). It has absolutely perfect clean and crunchy tones for your tendency to jazz. The metal tones are OK, but it beats Line6 and Roland Cubes all day.
BUT, after i bought an Atomic Amplifire as an addition to the Mustang i immediately sold my tube amps (Peavy 3120, Engl Poweball). This thing sounds so shockingly ballsy amazing through that Fender Mustang and above that, is more light weight than tube amps.

So in all my recommendation:
 - cheap used ibanez (you simply can't go wrong)
 - used Fender Mustang III v2 (it's sooo versatile, v2 has better metal sounds)
If you want to get good, clean jazz tones, you're going to miss not having a neck pup, unless the bridge pickup is specifically designed for cleans and jazz, it's almost never going to sound too good in a jazz context. Really I wouldn't even worry about whether the guitar has a neck pup or not, if you really don't see yourself ever using it you can just remove it. Last time I checked a lot of Scott Ian's guitars still have neck pickups and he never uses neck pickups. 
Quote by Fat Lard
post of the year, thank you
I have a  Jackson RRXT, and I can confirm that it's an insane value for the money. It plays well, the build quality is good, it's a solid, reliable, no-BS guitar that absolutely rips with a good setup. I've got guitars that cost well over 1k, and I find myself grabbing the RRXT just as much. The only drawbacks with the stock model are the tuners - they're plastic and not great quality, but they hold tune fine, and the pickups, which are low-mid focused and not nearly as tight as I prefer. They're not horrible, but a set of Duncan Black Winters will absolutely improve the tone.

Another option is Chapman. I've got an ML-3 Modern with a Duncan Distortion in the bridge, and I metal with it all the time. Great guitars that punch WAY above their price tag. 

“We’re built of contradictions, all of us. It’s those opposing forces that give us strength, like an arch, each block pressing the next. Give me a man whose parts are all aligned in agreement and I’ll show you madness. We walk a narrow path, insanity to each side. A man without contradictions to balance him will soon veer off.”

silentfall.bandcamp.com
Since you mentioned you live in germany and you want a Jackson RRXT:
have you tried ebay-kleinanzeigen? I nearly got all my guitars from there, most of them picked up at the seller, but a gibson explorer and a shecter diamond 7 via post. Just watch out that the seller didn't just join a month ago and he should be honest enough for shipment. 

There are 2 RRXT available at the moment, maybe one is even in in your area nearby.
https://www.ebay-kleinanzeigen.de/s-jackson-rrxt/k0

Also i agree, don't miss out on a neck humbucker; if it is not too muddy (like an EMG 60 imho) you will be grateful how much versatility can be gained from switching humbuckers and turning knobs at some point.
One other thing, when it comes to the guitar - unless you know what you're doing, budget to have it professionally set up.
Quote by slapsymcdougal
One other thing, when it comes to the guitar - unless you know what you're doing, budget to have it professionally set up.

+1,000,000. Even an inexpensive guitar can play amazingly well if it's set up really well. This can't be overstated enough. 

“We’re built of contradictions, all of us. It’s those opposing forces that give us strength, like an arch, each block pressing the next. Give me a man whose parts are all aligned in agreement and I’ll show you madness. We walk a narrow path, insanity to each side. A man without contradictions to balance him will soon veer off.”

silentfall.bandcamp.com