Hey guys!
I got a new guitar 2 weeks ago and I had vacations so ... I played it. A lot. At least 4 hours per day.
Sadly , she got some scratches and dents although I tried my best to protect her .. <.<
I bought my other guitar almost a year ago and it has less scratches.
I can imagine that this scratches came from my trousers:

I don't know where the hell this one comes from (It's on the inner cutaway):

And this dent must have been caused by my chair:

Now.. All of those scratches except for the last one are only in the finish. I can live with that.
But the last one looks to me as if the bare wood was exposed.
It doesn't feel like that though. When I touch it I feel the dent but what I touch doesn't feel like wood.
Should I just leave it as it is or try to fill it ?
If I should fill it, what should I use?
I really want to avoid damaging the wood.
Last edited by juvion at Mar 16, 2017,
Just leave it.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
Leave it. I am sure those are just a couple in the long line of small scratches and dents the guitar will receive. I try to baby my guitars but sometimes a scratch here and there is inevitable.
Gibson LP traditional and DC standard, SG standard, MIA Standard Strat, Schecter Banshee 7
EVH 5153, Orange TV50H 2-2x12's
Line 6 M13
Quote by bobafettacheese
Leave it. I am sure those are just a couple in the long line of small scratches and dents the guitar will receive. I try to baby my guitars but sometimes a scratch here and there is inevitable.

You are probably right. Getting dents on a 1k+ guitar is annoying but if there's no easy fix for dents on poly finishes, I'll deal with it.
Better to get some signs of usage while rocking than not playing her at all.
Youre more likely to ruin the guitar fixing those cosmetic scratches vs leaving it.

If you decide to refin, youll be paying a premium and then losing money once you sell it since it was modded.

So yeah man deal with it. Its gonna happen eventually if youre a player and not a collector.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.