The new one has one less tube and is $100 more. Which to me is one less tube to replace. Which would you choose?
Save up $300 and get the 50 watt head.

While the LBX amps sound great, they're overpriced.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Save up $300 and get the 50 watt head.

While the LBX amps sound great, they're overpriced.

$700 is my limit.
Quote by Gosss
$700 is my limit.

A used 5153 50 watt then.

Seriously, despite costing more, the 50 watt head gives you far more bang for your buck than the LBX's.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
A used 5153 50 watt then.
>Seriously, despite costing more, the 50 watt head gives you far more bang for your buck than the LBX's.

Just how is getting the 50 watt giving me more bang for buck?  
What am I missing?  
Quote by Gosss
Just how is getting the 50 watt giving me more bang for buck?  
What am I missing?  

You're missing:

. An extra proper channel with separate EQ and gain controls (3 channels if you could CH1&2 having shared EQ as an extra channel)
. 2 extra tubes and higher power gives you loads more clean headroom, giving you a much more usable clean channel in general and a more usable range of gain
. More low end available at higher volumes due to the higher power
. Resonance control
. A footswitchable effects loop. All 3 channels are also footswitchable.
. Amp channels and effects loop are also footswitchable via MIDI

The usefulness of those features are worth more than the extra $300 it costs to get them.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Gosss Sorry if it wasn't what you wanted to hear, but you asked for my advice by raising this thread and this is the honest advice I have given you.

Considering what useful features you're losing compared to the 50 watt head, and when you compare what other manufacturers such as Peavey are offering in terms of features with the 6505MH for less money than the LBX, the LBX's are pretty overpriced.

It's your money, but don't expect everybody to validate your gear choices. We give advice, not good feelings.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Toodeepblue is on the mark. We're here to give advice. Not what you want to hear.

Get the spider if you're into making petty mistakes over forum posts.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.
T00DEEPBLUE
Thanks for the info man. Its greatly appreciated. I'll definitely reconsider the LBX. Was joking about the Line 6
I need to try out the Peavey amps.
I think the lbx is pretty great. Not too sure of where the extra tube went in the new version

The 6505mh is garbage.
Jumping on dat gear sig train.
PRS Hollowbody II / BKP Warpigs
Strandberg OS6T / BKP Aftermath
Strandberg OS7 / Lace Poopsticks
Skervesen Raptor 7FF / BKP Warpigs
Skervesen Raptor 6 NTB / BKP Juggernauts
Hapas Sludge 7 FF / Hapas Leviathan
Anderson Baritom / Motorcity Nuke BKP Sinner Anderson H2+
Warmoth Baritone / BKP Piledriver
Ibanez Rg2120x / BKP Nailbomb

Blackstar ID:Core Beam
Quote by AcousticMirror
I think the lbx is pretty great. Not too sure of where the extra tube went in the new version
>The 6505mh is garbage.

I'm with Min on this one.  The MH did not impress me at all.  Very disappointing amp.
I'm just a kickin' and a gougin' in the mud and the blood and the beer.
There are tons of used 5150 III's on the used market for the same price, or less, as a new LBX. No brainer there!
Fleet of MiJ Ibanez
Couple of Balls
Peavey & EVH Wolfgangs
Eclipse
Fender HM Strat
Kemper KPA
5150 III 50w & cabs
I'll +1 to the 5150 III 50 watt head. The amp is seriously worth the money.  There is a slight volume discrepancy between channel 1 and 2, but it can be remedied and does not take away from the overall tone of the amp. Its been my go to amp ever since I have had it and I am well past the honeymoon phase.
Gibson LP traditional and DC standard, SG standard, MIA Standard Strat, Schecter Banshee 7(*for sale*)
EVH 5153, Orange TV50H 2-2x12's
Line 6 M13
Quote by AcousticMirror

The 6505mh is garbage.

I have to admit that I wasn't a fan of the 6505MH either. Tonally the LBX's destroy them. And I find it pretty BS that it isn't tube, but rather a hybrid. But it sheds perspective of what other brands are selling in the same market segment for less than an LBX. The extra features the 6505MH has are useful ones to have.
Roses are red
Violets are blue
Omae wa mou
Shindeiru

Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee