Hey folks!

I've started a new Strat build and have a question about the bridge I want to use.  I will be using a tune-o-matic bridge and tailstop piece setup.

The bridge I want to use is this.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/322451204683

It is a Mosrite style roller bridge.  Now here is my question.  My post holes are angled on the body for intonation purposes and the classic Mosrite roller bridge is not angled.   Would this be able to work due to the angle?

If not, I can always get a tune-o-matic roller bridge that is meant to be at an angle, this one is just the most similar to the guitar I'm trying to replicate in Stratocaster form.

Thanks!!!
Thread was moved to forum: Gear Building & Customizing
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
I think you'll get a lot more quality answers here. Good luck on your project!
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Sounds like you're gonna have to fill in the original holes with dowels and wood glue to fit the new bridge in. Because of this, you're also gonna have to use a shim in the neck pocket to get the proper angle. 
I have only ever seen one photo of Johnny with a Strat and I was surprised when I saw it. I thought he never played anything but a Mosrite but apparently he did own one though I don't know if he ever recorded with it. You will need to get a Seymour Duncan mini humbucker that he used in the bridge position. From what I have read while Johnny had two pickups on his guitar, after 1983 the Seymour Duncan mini humbucker was hardwired as the only active pup.

I love the Ramones and was lucky to see the Ramones several times (3-4 times as I remember). In the early days (1977-78) era they played a few times at the Show Place which was a club in Dover NJ. It was such a fun time seeing a Ramones show. 
Yes I am guitarded also, nice to meet you.
Last edited by Rickholly74 at Mar 23, 2017,
KilowattBandit  
  I'm using a Warmoth body that already has the neck pocket angled for a tune-o-matic setup.  I'm sure this is a build that not many people, if any, have done.  I'm worried that maybe the strings will want to pop out of the roller saddles.  Most other tune-o-matic rollers I've seen have offset saddles to compensate for the angle of the bridge.  This one isn't exactly a Mosrite bridge but looks very close, and the saddles have no offset to them.  And since they are rollers, I can't really file them down much, if at all. Also the string slots in the rollers aren't very deep at all.   I'm hoping that there will be enough string tension due to the neck pocket angle to keep them down.  If not, I may try and wrap the strings underneath the stop tailpiece to add more string tension if needed?

If I have to use dowels to fill it and make post holes that aren't angled, I will.   I just don't wanna.  Ha.

It's not fully mounted as I'm not done with sourcing studs and posts that will work just yet, but this is really close to how it will sit.

Last edited by JasonTew at Mar 27, 2017,
Rickholly74 What I'm making is a reverse body Stratocaster that will resemble his Mosrite.  Using a roller bridge, the DiMarzio FS-1 single coil he used in the bridge and the SD mini-humbucker in the neck that he used.  I will still wire the mini humbucker neck pickup he used even though I will never turn it on I'm sure.

I can't justify spending $100 on a pickup and then not wiring it up.  HA.
Good luck. Sounds like a cool project. Johnny was such an underrated player because he didn't play any leads but I defy anyone to strum as fast as he did, with near perfect timing and do it for over an hour straight. Very difficult. 
Yes I am guitarded also, nice to meet you.