>Interested to hear some input on my soon to be purchase. This Boogie was made in 91 and is the "A" version according to my research. I got to play the amp, which was fun. Sounded pretty great after some tedious tinkering. I got to demo it at home for a day, so there was still some more experimenting to be done. I am strictly a metal player, all I need is a great clean channel and some kick ass distortion. Which it has. I offered the guy $800 and he agreed. If you have any experience with this amp or think I got this for a great price, let me know! Thanks.
Pretty kickass amp at a great price.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
Did you go head or combo? The Rev A combos had the EV speaker, which sounded WAAAAY better than the C90s used in the later version. Either way, literally my favorite amp.
I'm just a kickin' and a gougin' in the mud and the blood and the beer.
Its the head version. I have an older line 6 cab with thier custom voiced celestion speakers I am hooking it up too. Im sure this head should be hooked up to a better cab with better speakers but I am not rich and its going to have to do for the moment.
I am interested to know if my 4x12 cab with said speakers is decent enough. Hard to tell with no comparison. Like I said the cab has the "old" line 6 logo on it, so I know its not the typical spider cab you see out there.
If it sounds good, it sounds good. Regardless of whatever gear you use.

With that said though, whenever a cheaper cabinet says it has 'Custom Voiced' Celestion speakers in it, they're usually referring to the Celestion Seventy 80 speakers or some other generic speaker with a Celestion label on it. They're generally regarded as not being very good.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
I love the Mark IV, great amp. As for price, in the U.S., the combos usually go for around 1,000 and the heads are about the same.  At $800 sounds like a good price assuming it is in good condition.

Came so close to gettin a mark IV in the 90's, but my kids were young, I wasn't playing as much and it was expensive.

if you get it, post some pics. 
Hey, I appreciate the input guys. I will post pics when acquired. Not to kick a dead horse, but if I replace my speakers with vintage 30 celestions, will it make a noticeable difference in my sound?
Eh, you'll spend more replacing the speakers than you would picking up a good used cab, and still have a less than ideal setup.
I'm just a kickin' and a gougin' in the mud and the blood and the beer.
solid amp, good price. that is exactly what I paid for mine. go for it!
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/