Wow I never thought I would see a tool show, I always figured they would release their next/last album in 2023, do a small tour of the US and then call it quits.

June 2nd Bell center montreal!

1st. anyone else going on that date?
2nd. Anyone else going any other date?
Last edited by flexiblemile at Mar 17, 2017,
1. nope
2. nope
You are now using UG Black.
You are now using UG Classic.

Listening to: New York Voices, as well as the new Vulfpeck record (fuck it's so good)

You throw like a girl. A girl who is great at baseball and has a fiery passion for the sport.
I saw them when I was in high school during their 10,000 Days tour. It was a great show  
My God, it's full of stars!
I like how people wear shirts that say tool, because, we knew it all along but they still dont realize it.
Quote by Wolfinator-x
1. nope
2. nope

No one is going to see Tool when you see them. No one is going to see Tool any other dates. It turns out the entire tour was an elaborate ruse to get you to meet the band. You are the newest member of Tool.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 75-87
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 4-5
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 92-54
I'll see Tool when they put out their album

jokes aside, i'm a HUGE fan, and I would love to see them this year
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
There shall be a stop to this madness. The battle is not over. My tasty licks aren't going anywhere.

Quote by The_Blode
^ I've just realised if you say Simple Plan's 2011 effort "Get Your Heart On!" really fast in a Southern American accent, it sounds gross. . .like sexual gross!

Quote by Necroheadbanger
Hello.
I'm looking for professional bongo-ists and triangle-ists to make a Progressive Technical Brutal Death Metal band
(will be called AxOxJxLxAxIxVxXxUxWxZxQxUxRxWxGxJxSxAxLxKxMxNxHxUxGxAxAxWxVxCxBxZxVx)
(Don't even ask what it means)

https://soundcloud.com/95dank

i had just moved to Denver in '94-'9 and didnt know anybody, so one night i wasd out driving around by myself down the main drag when i saw a marquee that said TOOL.So, i say what the hell, park and start walking up to the place and some dude walking away from the place hands me his ticket stub. I walked straight through the doors into the concert. That night I was thrown in the air to be let to slam the wood floor, got punched in the face in the mosh pit and got a huge ass shinner, and projectile vomited all over the bathroom wall.  Gotta be one of the more memorable shows ever. 
I just realized that your username says flexible mile

I always thought it was some weird word
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
Quote by eGraham

huh, I thought it was flexible smile

Quote by Pastafarian96
I an evety characyer in this story
Quote by mattedbird
 i had just moved to Denver in '94-'9 and didnt know anybody, so one night i wasd out driving around by myself down the main drag when i saw a marquee that said TOOL.So, i say what the hell, park and start walking up to the place and some dude walking away from the place hands me his ticket stub. I walked straight through the doors into the concert. That night I was thrown in the air to be let to slam the wood floor, got punched in the face in the mosh pit and got a huge ass shinner, and projectile vomited all over the bathroom wall.  Gotta be one of the more memorable shows ever. 

Sounds intense!  I'll try to beat that!

Quote by eGraham

I joined this site as I was forming my band and Flexible Mile was runner up as a band name. We went for Different Days instead.
I saw Tool twice in 2006 after 10,000 days came out. Download... they came out late, played up to the stated time and no encore, but it was still awesome. Then I was lucky to see them in the CIA Cardiff with some band called Mastodon... still one of the best shows I've been to. Monster performance. Been waiting to see them again ever since.

Download setlist

Cardiff setlist

10 years since they've been in the UK I think.

Don't let your boat be empty, don't be a sunken dream
Don't let the boat regret thee, for what you could have seen

It seems to me that they never play "right in two" live.  I'm sure I'll enjoy the show regardless but hearing that song live would blow my tiny little mind.
According to setlist.fm it's been played 63 times, last time in 2011.

I saw them back in 2012 and it was a fantastic show. I want to see them again but I don't want to spend that much money.
Quote by Blayney
According to setlist.fm it's been played 63 times, last time in 2011.

well then.... shows what I know
I haven't ever heard Tool and since Maynard seems distinctly unlikeable in interviews, I haven't even tried yet.
From a huge fan's perspective, what sets them apart from other bands? Barring their fanbase of course.
I think that for a big fan of Tool it's everything about the band that makes them so good, I can't really say 1 or 2 things. They get a lot of negative comments, some people legitimately don't like them, others just like to be negative - they get even more now that there's a lot of kids getting into music in a time where there hasn't been a Tool album for so long. Maynard can come across as a douche so I get your comments but he's a big part of the band and a big reason for people (me) to enjoy them.

So, musically - they are "progressive" in so much as not necessarily following generic song structures and playing in 4/4 all the time - but not to the point of being twiddly wank. There's a lot of great work from the three guys on the instruments - Adam Jones doesn't really sound like anyone else, has written some of my favourite riffs and has, in my opinion, lovely tone. Justin Chancellor is a great bassist that doesn't just follow the guitar - really can be the driving force of a song and has written some of the most memorable basslines going. Danny Carey has got to be one of the best drummers ever... one of the few drummers I actually listen to what they are doing it's so interesting - really adds a lot of dynamics and power to the band. So we get to Maynard - I love his voice and his delivery - a really good singer, and an even better lyricist. Again I actually stop to listen to what he's singing about and try to understand what he's getting at. Plus he makes a great front man.

They are more than just the music though, there's a lot of great imagery in the artwork (working with guys like Alex Grey), music videos (especially the clay mation that Adam Jones does (he's a really talented guy and worked on movies like Jurassic Park, Terminator 2 etc.), and live (really adds another element to the show). They don't nave a normal set up for the live show with Maynard not usually taking centre stage, usually being off to the side - and he doesn't just sing... it's a whole performance from him.

Really you just need to listen to them.

...this is barely scratching the surface and I would say are just some of the "hits".

just look in the mirror hahahahhahahahahhahah

sorry that was rude good for you
WHAT A
HORRIBLE
NIGHT TO
HAVE A
CURSE.
Honestly I used to quite like Tool, I've seen them (meh) and have all their albums but if you listen to them now it's just so dated, cringey, self-indulgent.
Quote by smb
Honestly I used to quite like Tool, I've seen them (meh) and have all their albums but if you listen to them now it's just so dated, cringey, self-indulgent.

Please elaborate.  I'm not going to rip on you, I'm just curious
Honestly if I wanted to pay to see Tool I would just give myself 20 bucks to stand in front of a mirror.
Quote by zgr0826
My culture is worthless and absolutely inferior to the almighty Leaf.

Quote by JustRooster
I incurred the wrath of the Association of White Knights. Specifically the Parent's Basement branch of service.