something that is also best if you play lead guitar solos, besides chords. if that matters.
thanks 
begginer geetarest.
I use a Line6 M9, and it does what I want, including a good looper. I generally use a comproessor, EQ and reverb. 
What in particular are you looking for? Reverb, delay, eq, compression? Do you have a DI or just plugging direct into a pa?
Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
evening_crow i think i want better compression. i play an acoustic/electric steel string/six string guitar. i especially want the arpeggios and power chords to sound just as loud when going from one to the other when amplified. 

i'm also thinking about some kind of flanger or whatever. something to spice up the sound more, as i will be playing on stage by myself with no backing tracks or anything. 
begginer geetarest.
Quote by Tony Done
Lloyd_rogers

The downside of compression is that it can lead to feedback problems in an acoustic, in which case a feedback buster might help.

there's always a catch. but thank you. i will keep that in mind. 
begginer geetarest.
A pretty common acoustic signal chain would include a compressor, possible chorus, delay and/or reverb, and a di. An eq can come a long way as well. If you have any of these for electric you can recycle them into an acoustic board. You could look at something like the TC Electronic Play Acoustic multieffects also.
Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.