I went to a local guitar shop, and the owner said that Dual and Triple Rectifiers have been "revoiced." I did research on the internet, and I cannot find anything to prove it. I sent an email just earlier to Mesa Boogie. I can post the response, once I get it. 

What are your opinions?
Yeah a few years ago they did a "rebirth" for a marked improvement.
I'm just a kickin' and a gougin' in the mud and the blood and the beer.
Interesting. I will wait to see what Mesa Boogie says. 
Quote by NostraHistoria
Interesting. I will wait to see what Mesa Boogie says. 

Some of what was done can be seen directly on the spec sheet. As far as the voicing change, I was lead to believe the clean channel has been improved, and the dirt channel has been tightened up. Definitely report back if you don't mind, I'm interested to hear Mesa's official explanation.
I listened to the tc50 on mesa's site. It had a nice punch.
Oh yeah, that amp looks super sweet. I'm waiting to see one locally at the shops.
Quote by NostraHistoria
I went to a local guitar shop, and the owner said that Dual and Triple Rectifiers have been "revoiced." I did research on the internet, and I cannot find anything to prove it. I sent an email just earlier to Mesa Boogie. I can post the response, once I get it. 

What are your opinions?

I'm getting the feeling like you want a new amp

no?
Yes. I need to treat myself to something. 
I have an old school Single Rec and a Splawn (Marshall'ish) so that's what I recommend depending.  Otherwise, you know how we roll around here because I recognize you

budget, genres, location, used ok, situation??
Mesa responded:

In 2010 we came out with the Multi-Watt Dual and Triple Rectifiers. These are the most recent version of these amps and in my opinion are not only the most versatile versions but the best sounding of all the models.

From the early 90s to 1999 we built two channel Dual Rectifier Heads. The main features offered were 2 channels, 3 voices, Dual Rectification along with a Bold/ Spongy switch (present Variac) and a bias select switch. These amps also featured a channel cloning switch, so that you could make one channel sound more like the other.

From 2000 to 2009 we built 3 channel Dual Rec Heads. The main features were still Dual Rectification along with a Bold/ Spongy switch (present Variac) and a bias select switch but now you had an additional footswitchable channel plus channel one had two voices while channels 2 and 3 had three voices to choose from (these channels were identical with the exception of how the presence controls operated on these channels). With channels 2 and three being pretty much identical, (the values of their presence controls being one exception), the need for channel cloning no longer existed.

Most Dual & Triple Recs built prior to 2010 had a parallel effects loop (although the very early 2 Channel Recs had series effects loops). 

In 2010 we introduced the latest generation of Rectifiers – the Multi-Watt 3 Channel Dual & Triple Rectifier Heads. These amps evolved from their predecessors but feature some pretty significant improvements.

New Improvements / Features of the Multi-Watt Dual & Triple Rectifier:
1. Patented Multi-Watt Channel Assignable Power – Allows you to assign either 2 or 4 Power Tubes to each Channel for Power Ratings of 50 or 100 Watts of Class A/B Power via independent 50/100 Watt Power Select Switches.  The Triple Rectifier allows you to do the same however with either 2 or all 6 Power Tubes for Power Ratings of 50 or 150 Watts per channel via independent 50/150 Watt Power Select Switches.

2. Patented Channel Assignable Dual Rectification with Recto Tracking – Allows you to assign either Tube Rectification or Silicon Diode Rectification to each Channel to fine tune the feel and character of each Channel.

3. New Footswitchable, Tube-Driven SERIES FX Loop – Vastly improved performance and tone with Multi-Effects than Parallel Loop - Exceptionally transparent in preserving your tone while being easier to use with any type of effects.  The original Rectifiers featured a Series Loop.

4. New Tuner Output with Footswitchable Tuner Mute

5. New Compact Footswitch – New 3x3 Stacked, 6 Button Footswitch – Top Row = Mute, FX Loop & Solo, Bottom Row = Channel 1, 2 & 3

6. Improved Clean & Pushed Modes (Channel 1):
- Clean Mode features improved headroom for amazing clarity and the most sparkling bell-tone cleans ever from a Recto, even with hotter humbuckers.
- Pushed Mode features tighter, more focused and percussive low end with an amazing range of gain from Overdrive textures to full-on ripping Crunch.

7. Improved Channel Cloning on Channels 2 & 3 – Raw, Vintage and Modern modes have been further optimized for more similar performance on either channels. A dual potentiometer for each Presence Control allows for the Presence Control pot value to be best suited for the voicing mode in use.

8. Improved Presence Control on Vintage Mode – Provides better high-end balance and control between Vintage and Modern Modes
From Mesa's site:

https://mesaboogie.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/115004549047-What-features-distinguish-Multi-Watt-Dual-Triple-Rectifiers-from-previous-models-

What features distinguish Multi-Watt Dual & Triple Rectifiers from previous models?
Follow
Today at 17:20
What features distinguish Multi-Watt Dual & Triple Rectifiers from previous models?

In 2010 MESA introduced the Multi-Watt Dual and Triple Rectifier amplifiers. Not only are these the newest of the Rectifier heads but also the most versatile versions of these heads and we feel the best sounding of all the models.

From the early 90s to 1999 we built two channel Dual Rectifier Heads. The main features offered were 2 channels, 3 voices, Dual Rectification along with a Bold/ Spongy switch (present Variac) and a bias select switch. These amps also featured a channel cloning switch, so that you could make one channel sound more like the other.

From 2000 to 2009 we built 3 channel Dual Rec Heads. The main features were still Dual Rectification along with a Bold/ Spongy switch (present Variac) and a bias select switch but now you had an additional footswitchable channel plus channel one had two voices while channels 2 and 3 had three voices to choose from (these channels were identical with the exception of how the presence controls operated on these channels). With channels 2 and three being pretty much identical, (the values of their presence controls being one exception), the need for channel cloning no longer existed.

Most Dual & Triple Recs built prior to 2010 had a parallel effects loop (although the very early 2 Channel Recs had series effects loops). 

In 2010 we introduced the latest generation of Rectifiers – the Multi-Watt 3 Channel Dual & Triple Rectifier Heads. These amps evolved from their predecessors but feature some pretty significant improvements.

Improvements / Features of the Multi-Watt Dual & Triple Rectifier:
1. Patented Multi-Watt Channel Assignable Power – Allows you to assign either 2 or 4 Power Tubes to each Channel for Power Ratings of 50 or 100 Watts of Class A/B Power via independent 50/100 Watt Power Select Switches.  The Triple Rectifier allows you to do the same however with either 2 or all 6 Power Tubes for Power Ratings of 50 or 150 Watts per channel via independent 50/150 Watt Power Select Switches.

2. Patented Channel Assignable Dual Rectification with Recto Tracking – Allows you to assign either Tube Rectification or Silicon Diode Rectification to each Channel to fine tune the feel and character of each Channel.

3. New Footswitchable, Tube-Driven SERIES FX Loop – Vastly improved performance and tone with Multi-Effects than Parallel Loop - Exceptionally transparent in preserving your tone while being easier to use with any type of effects.  The original Rectifiers featured a Series Loop.

4. New Tuner Output with Footswitchable Tuner Mute

5. New Compact Footswitch – New 3x3 Stacked, 6 Button Footswitch – Top Row = Mute, FX Loop & Solo, Bottom Row = Channel 1, 2 & 3

6. Improved Clean & Pushed Modes (Channel 1):
- Clean Mode features improved headroom for amazing clarity and the most sparkling bell-tone cleans ever from a Recto, even with hotter humbuckers.
- Pushed Mode features tighter, more focused and percussive low end with an amazing range of gain from Overdrive textures to full-on ripping Crunch.

7. Improved Channel Cloning on Channels 2 & 3 – Raw, Vintage and Modern modes have been further optimized for similar performance on either channel. A dual potentiometer for each Presence Control allows for the Presence Control pot value to be best suited for the voicing mode in use.

8. Improved Presence Control on Vintage Mode – Provides better high-end balance and control between Vintage and Modern Modes
The older ones were the ones people usually bemoan of not being able to dial in right. I think the new ones are markedly better although the Single Rec. from the 90s was a favorite of mine. I remember the late 90s Triple Rec's were quite nasty but there was the whole pop punk movement that was sold on these and we kept on seeing 16 year kids in punk bands with rich parents abuse these on daily basis. It was rare that you'd hear one of these amps dialed in right.

Now, the new ones in Vintage mode do a very nice 80s thrash metal which is pretty much the tone I've apparently been after for the longest time
Quote by diabolical
The older ones were the ones people usually bemoan of not being able to dial in right. I think the new ones are markedly better although the Single Rec. from the 90s was a favorite of mine. I remember the late 90s Triple Rec's were quite nasty but there was the whole pop punk movement that was sold on these and we kept on seeing 16 year kids in punk bands with rich parents abuse these on daily basis. It was rare that you'd hear one of these amps dialed in right.

Now, the new ones in Vintage mode do a very nice 80s thrash metal which is pretty much the tone I've apparently been after for the longest time

Does the Vintage mode have a bit of a Mesa Mark thing going on perhaps? That was the Thrash amp together with Marshalls back in the '80s afterall.

ESP LTD F-50 + Tonezone
Cort EVL-Z4 + X2N
Cort EVL-K47B

Marshall Valvestate 8100
Randall RG1503
Bugera 333
Peavey Rockmaster preamp

Line6 Pod X3
I had a early 2 channel rev g that i just couldn't make sound decent no matter what. Nothing like my Mark. Would love to try a new Dual at some point though.