Hi everyone I bought used Ibanez GRG170dx I didn't notice it has a little bit hum on 2nd fret. When I adjusted the Truss Rod I noticed the truss rod is so tight and it was not in tune maybe lower than half step down. I applied some relief on the neck and tuned it and didnt work. Does Flat Iron will work like what I searched online? I have never done this before so I need to be careful. Do I need to separate the fretboard to its neck? because i dont wanna separate them. and i forgot the previous owner refretted the freboard with new Silver nickel 
Any suggestion.?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5QBadC-7U5qVW9FM0hvRm1aY1U/view?usp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5QBadC-7U5qVkhLQjl4Wm02YjA/view?usp=sharing
thanks in advancce
Last edited by haseo13 at Mar 18, 2017,
Warped necks are actually rare, unless the wood has absolutely no finish on it.  That having been said, I would have a professional guitar technician take a look at it.  It might be a minor thing, but I do not want to offer advice that might actually make the problem worse.  If there has been a re-fret, one of the frets might have been installed poorly, or it could be a high fret, or perhaps something else.  Best to consult an expert.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
The previous owner said he went to guitar tech to refret and make it low action, he blamed the person who setup the guitar.  Maybe i will try to find and I will try to consult to an expert.
FatalGear41 If I go to an expert it will cost me half of price of the guitar and they don't share some advice. I'm also interested to learn how to do it.
Yeah, take it to a shop.

If you're proficient enough in doing your own setup then I could point you in the right direction as to what's wrong with it, but if it's shoddy fretwork you'll probably be better off leaving it to a pro.
Originally Posted by evening_crow
Quoting yourself is cool.

WARNING: I kill threads.
Quote by haseo13
FatalGear41 If I go to an expert it will cost me half of price of the guitar and they don't share some advice. I'm also interested to learn how to do it.

They shouldn't charge you to take a look at it and tell you what is wrong.  After that, you can decide how best to proceed.  If the issue is so expensive that it would cost more to fix it than the guitar is worth, then your best bet is to turn the guitar into a parts depot.
"Maybe this world is another planet's hell?" - Aldous Huxley
evening_crow I have no idea but I think strings tension was not enough to fight truss rod,  the truss rod was tighten too much because it was "hum" maybe?
FatalGear41 I asked my friend where can I find a guitar doctor, i found out it's miles away. I emailed them last week but no reply. so i decided to continue repairing and it's effective
I successfully straighten the neck now i need to repalce the nut because they replaced it with hand made and it is not really good, the nut was installed poorll. I',m not sure what was the original nut of the guitar was.
Last edited by haseo13 at Mar 19, 2017,