Hi peoples of the ultimate guitar,
I need to learn the Enter Sandman solo for a school concert, and I need to learn it be 28th March. I can play most of it, but there's this section that's too fast for me to play at full speed:

e|----------------------------------|-----------------------------|

B|---------10-8-7---8\7---7---------|-----------------------------|
G|----------------9-----9---9-7---7-|-9p7-------------------------|
D|------------------------------9---|-----9p7---7-9-7-------------|
A|----------------------------------|---------9-------9-8-7-------|
E|----------------------------------|-----------------------10-7\-|

Is there a way to kinda simplify this bit, but not interrupt the flow of the solo?
I have heard far too many times that someone cannot do something and it is usually a case of will not

Practice slowly. Build your speed. Always.

Moved somewhere else that might be of more help.
Practice it slowly with a metronome and gradually build up the speed.  There's not really any way to simplify that, as it's pretty simple as it is.  Complexity isn't the issue you're having, just the speed.  Those are two very different things.  But unless you really want to do an accurate cover, you could just improvise over it instead.  It just uses the Em pentatonic scale.  But definitely try to build up the speed first before deciding to do improv.  Work on your weaknesses.
Quote by Geldin
Junior's usually at least a little terse, but he knows his stuff. I've always read his posts in a grouchy grandfather voice, a grouchy grandfather with a huge stiffy for alternate picking.
Besides that, he's right this time. As usual.
just play the rhythm section, better to sound goo playing the rhythm then sounding terrible playing the solo.
'16 Gibson LP Standard T, '15 Epi LP Standard with 57/57+ Gibbys
Blackstar S1-45, Marshall DSL100H, JetCity JCA50H
Just noodle your way down the pentatonic scale for that part. That's what I do when I play Sandman with my cover band. As long as you hit the couple of really iconic licks (which are also the easiest parts), nobody will notice or care.
Guitars
Schecter Hellraiser C-1FR, C-1 Classic, Hellraiser Hybrid Solo-II, Special Edition E-1FR-S
Orange Rockerverb 50 212
Basses
Yamaha RBX374 and Washburn MB-6